Why do some people not reply after they post a opinion?

I've noticed consistently that some users on here will answer question after question and never reply after you reply to their opinion. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because the harbor under the illusion that they have better things to do. That's all there is to it. (If you have better things to do then why are you on this site?)

What Girls Said 6

• I do that sometimes if...
    1. I only have a specific amount of time to kill and I'm interested in exploring new topics!
    2. I'm not in the mood to revisit that particular topic.
    3. The answer didn't intrigue or spark my interest enough for me to craft a reply.
    4. To be entirely honesty, I have a ton of notifications that have piled up all summer so if the post or opinion is not particularly memorable, it may end up being forgotten :/

• If they say something to which I don't have a response to... or I just can't find anything to respond with.

• But what if it's a question? Like this one lol. They won't say anything. I can see them post other opinions and ask another question. Still no response. I might message this person and they will reply that one time but then they won't again. If I message them again a long time later with something different they will reply but still after that they won't.

• I didn't call you a creep.

• I know. I was talking to the guy.

• I always try to unless I feel their comment ended the "conversation" or if I genuinely don't have the time.

• no idea.. i always reply..

• Cus they did it for points?

• Hmm maybe. You don't get points for messages though. When I send a message they'll reply back the first time but not after that. Then a while later if I send a message they'll reply to that but then they won't after that.

• Maybe the reply is the same as others. Maybe they don't find the reply reflects their question. Maybe they never come back to the site to read it. Maybe they focus on the reply they like and don't bother answering others after they've found a reply that's helpful.

What Guys Said 5

• dude... there's a certain gal who goes anon here 100%

not only she posts short-unhelpful opinions... she NEVER replies back... that's really assholish and rude in my opinion... it's like they say..."i don't give a shit about yer probs... deal wid it"... i beleive opinion owner should ALWAYS reply back... unless if asker's answer doesn't have a response to (xample "ok i'll see wot i can do")

anyway... PM me for further info... i've got lots of things to tell u about this issue... by the way best u can do when u ask a question's to block anon feature to avoid all this thing... u can do it now, even if u r anonymous yerself i believe :)

• The only reason I wouldn't answer is
    (1) I felt asker's comment ended conversation
    (2) I was being baited into a confontation
    (3) Genuine oversight

• I don't know how to reply only ask questions and answer a question at the beginning, I do not see an easy way to reply to repley's...

• When someone replies to your answer you will see a orange bubble at the top over the bell beside your username. Click that and it will take you to the notifications page. From there you can see where people have sent you stuff. Click on them. If you don't see anything then nobody has yet.

• Shit, there it is.

• Too many notifications. Sometimes it gets lost in them.

• I doubt many people notify some of them a lot though.

• Girls ---> To busy
    Guys---> Bored

• Girls too busy doing what? Playing with they self?