Is Cat fishing against the rules of this site?

I heard it's not, but what is the truth?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the problem is more likely a policing one - How can you check a person info and pic is correct?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh dear. How is any site supposed to "make" someone truly be themselves anywhere online? Anyone is free to make a male or female profile, claim to be a certain age, and roll with it, especially on a relationship Q&A site like this. It isn't meant for online dating. And even dating sites aren't responsible for what you find out about someone. You use the site at your risk and be smart about who you chat with, even that's in their terms of service.

Just a word of caution folks, I know for a fact several "women" on here are actually guys. If you already knew that, then great. But if you didn't know that, then just know that there is a possibility that when you chat with a woman here she is not even a woman at all. A lot of trans-curious men thrive on sites like this to be the gender they wish they were because they can't be in real life - at least not openly yet. So they'll pose as women to get an inner itch scratched to feel like one for a while. How do I know this? Because I have met many trans-gendered and very flaming gay men who want to feel girly and say that being online is a good anonymous way to interact in a real way without being known. One has even personally messaged me this fact in confidence here.

I don't care because I'm not online to hook up with guys.

I have had my share of internet scares with men though and learned a long time ago not to share my information with people I don't know. I did that once and a virus was sent to my computer that unleashed some private files in to an email to him. He got a hold of my resume, which was a nightmare. Never again would I have gotten close with someone online like that and even if I did, I would leave emailing out of the equation. My emails are now reserved for family and work. Private files are on a stick.

Look after yourselves, folks, because no one else can do it for you.

• Do you know any fake Women profiles on this site?

• I know one for sure that was a guy posing as a woman.

• Actually I know of two others. One is someone I blocked so he made a female profile to look as though he was a woman disagreeing with me on a woman-hating comment he made - that was found out by admins and since removed. I also am very suspicious of one account who I called out him being a guy posing as a very young teen girl and he has since made his profile private and has been absent on the site.

What Guys Said 5

• I doubt it's against the rules. This is not intended to be a dating site, so if people try to use it as one, it's at their own risk.

• 1|0
  • What's your opinion on it?

• It's not against the rule but it's unethical as guys love to check out gag hotties and chat to them, they don't want a case where they're actually chatting to a dude. They feel betrayed.

• It's not against the rules but does not say one can't be traced especially if ones
    using the same technology as law enforcement

What Girls Said 4

• Yes it is. In the Terms of Use you agree that "misrepresenting or falsely stating yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;" and providing fraudulent information are against the rules.

• No its not but its fun to call out people on their shit

• Doubt it, though identity theft is illegal

• Yeah I'd imagine so.