Disable MHO option?

So, there are a number of questions in which the MHO simply isn't relevant. I understand it's not really that big of a deal, but for those who dwell on their MHO percentages, it would be nice if question askers could disable MHO for a question - that way not getting MHO wouldn't count against anyone's MHO percentage, and people who are interested in MHO would have less reason to avoid answering it.

Prime examples of the sort of questions that don't really need an MHO are the "how do I look?" questions, or the "Is it big enough?" questions..

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you.

Most Helpful Guy

• This, will complete the existence of GirlsAskGuys for eternity and beyond.

This is gold.

I will fight for this just act to be acted upon.

What Girls Said 3

• You can send suggestions to the admins via http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

I don't know how I would feel about that... I think those sorts of people would still like to use and MHO just becuase it's all ego stroking you know? Who gives the best compliment sort of thing.

• true, but in my mind the whole point of the MHO is for when someone else comes along with the same question, they can simply search for it and the 'best answer' will be right up top where they can see it. But, when it comes to the "how do I look?" type of questions, the only person with the same question is going to be the same person.

• I think the search function would have to be a LOT better before we can really depend on it.

• I have to agree on that. MHO only shows percentage, and is someone wants to be very active in G@G this will reflect on their MHO status.

• I would love it if they banned mho percentage all together. I don't care sour other users mho percentage. Why should I?

What Guys Said 3

• Very good point most of my MHOs are randoms or automatic - I am on 14% but I feel my actual earned ones are somewhere around 5%. Personally I would ban MHO altogether people should just answer questions they want not worry how it affects my MHO percentage.

• I think it's okay to have MHO option. I don't think there is a need to disable it. That's my personal opinion.

• It used to be that way for all questions. Picking MHO was not required. They changed it because a few whiners complained about not getting points.

• that was different. Picking MHO was not required, but it still counted against your percentage when you weren't picked. What I'm proposing is a way for the question asker, upon asking the question, to disable MHO entirely, so that no one gets it and it doesn't count against your MHO percentage for not having gotten it.

• Yea I just noticed your join date. So you remember how it was before. Like you said it's not a big deal. But what you suggest might work. People shouldn't be forced to pick MHO. Sometimes none of the answers are helpful, or could even be insulting. Yet they are still forced to pick. I'd rather see it full time disabled though. If you are going to give them the options, then just don't require it at all.