Am I the only one who's scared to follow people on G@G?

I dunno, I'm afraid that they won't add me back and will be like, "Who the hell is this weirdo?"

I like so many people on here and I'm just afraid of bothering them by following them. It's a really bad fear of mine.

It happens on all social media too, especially Facebook too. I'm afraid they won't accept it or will be creeped out. ;~;

Most Helpful Guy

• "I'm afraid that they won't 'add me back'"
    -Hey this is not Facebook where it is mandatory to add back to become friends or something like that. Following someone means you want their opinions on top, their questions in 'recommended questions' page and their takes in recommended myTakes panel. That's all.

And I think when you follow someone, you make their day. They are not like "Who the hell is this weirdo?". They're like "OMG! RainbowFanGirl is following me. She's one of the most intelligent teenager on the site who posts awesome myTakes and she's a mod too. Today is a very good day" etc.

When you follow anyone, they are never bothered unless they're insane or inferior people. I think you're following me. Have I ever bit you for this? No naa? They why afraid?

You should send as much follow/friend requests as you want. Maybe they will get offended and think "Why she adds all the cool people but not me? :'( "

And would you like a life without those awesome and cool people? Just GOOO & add 'em!

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been on this Particular Social Media site for way over a year now, @RainbowFanGirl, and Most of the time, People find me and Follow me and I just press a button to respond to them. And with this, They may message me with a problem, or with each day, I get a lot of my Usual friends who appear on a daily basis.
    I don't worry if someone 'Presses a button' on their own end to Accept me as even a Follower. Yesterday, for example, I decided to just 'Follow' Someone who I was having a discrepancy over with and when he agreed to Follow me back, I Unfollowed him when he said "I do not think we have a lot to talk about anymore." It was in Regard with a Question I had posted and we locked horns.
    Do not fear about This. Just let it flow and have fun. No one is going to think you Weird for Following and just wanting to have friends. I feel that That is One of GAG'S Good Traits on this site.
    However, with this being said, I have also had to Block a few who got More Chummy with Wary Words that I found 'Weird' and knew where That... Was Going.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you. I followed you because I think you're a good person. I'm just really afraid of following people because I'm afraid of bothering them or something.

What Guys Said 18

• That's why you don't follow me on here? Don't worry, you won't bother me :)
    xD

I'm not scared to follow people, I usually just forget there's that option. I follow those who I talk to or those who give me a great vibe and I know I can have a nice argument with them.

• If they don't follow you back it is because they don't follow people - I wouldn't take it personally.

• People expect you to follow back? I've never done any kind of social media or anything so I have no idea what's expected or polite.

• Well yeah it's polite to follow back to some people. :)

• Ah, they probably think I'm rude then.

TBH, I never figured out the purpose to the whole thing. As far as I know it doesn't do anything. GaG used to have a friend list. I think you had to have people listed to use the old IM system. But when they switched to followers and got rid of the IM, it never really made sense. I always thought people just wanted to have a long list to feel like they are popular.

• Nooo not at all people just wanna socialize. :)

• You are too nice... if that's your wish... try it. If they dont follow you back, stip following them.

Anyway, thats an hability the site offers you. If the other person does not like... just forget it and do yourr life.

;) but i can see you are a really nice girl, but dont overthink.

• I dont at all and I have my reasons

• I'll follow you, except we've already done it!!

• Well I only add people back sometimes, most of the time I just let them follow me and then I follow other people. That way there's no need for redundancy.

I always send a message to my new followers saying "Thanks for following"

• You shouldn't worry about that. Most people are nice here! :)

• I think because you have no confident with your looks, That's why you scared, You think people don't like you, But you are not creeep at all. Did you follwoing me yet?

• Yes, i am scared to follow people i let them follow me if they like to you're not alone

• I wouldn't worry about this, just be you and be happy:)

• Just don't.

• I don't mind it. Follow me if you want to, or not. I will do the same so yeah there is my two cents to your question for you here so. :).

• Sometimes yes I am, but I do follow them usually and get over it

• Go for it. Follow who you want. Don't worry if they don't follow you in return. It likely means they don't follow people.

• i dont, followed.

• At first I was but not anymore. The first time a younger girl thats 14 years old followed me I was weirded out because what kind of advice could I give them? Haha but now its like

• I don't care if people add me back or not. I only follow people I like and that's very few people. Probably at most five and that's really stretching.

What Girls Said 13

• Yeah, sometimes. I don't want them to think I'm stalking them or creeping on them by suddenly starting to follow them o_o

• I follow whoever I think is cool. Whether they accept my request (if that is there settings) or follow me back is all on them. I don't really care. :p

• Lol I'm the same way. Thats why I try to have a really good convo with them on the post first. It makes things a little less awkward. See, I dont use twitter, facebook, etc. So this is like my only shot at having followers 😩😜

• Yeah, most of the times. I'm scared that people would think I'm stalking or wtv because I suddenly followed them.

• lol that's understandable, I just follow whoever I like normally though, even if they don't add me back, I might find them more entertaining than they find me, no big deal.

It also might not be anything personal, for the longest time I never added anyone back just because I didn't realize it made it easier to see their questions/responses, I thought it was like a social thing and sometimes I just forget, the same with private messages.

• most people are nice here so don't worry

the only reason i don't follow or do follow backs is because a lot of my most upvoted opinions that flash on the profile page are extremely controversial/polarizing. i'm afraid if they saw it, they get turned off by it, even though people are multifaceted

• Yes. lol

I like following people I see around that have responses that I like.. Then I think of following them, which I may not have the nerve to do for days, and when I do I'm like "oh god what have I done.. They're going to think I'm so weird.." *logs off gag for five hundred years*

Everyone here intimidates me. :(

• I only initiate a follow when I really like most of the things they post. And if I do like most things they post and their style, they're usually quite logical and smart and would not react to my follow in an irrational or rude manner

• Nahh usually people that follow me I "watch out" (creepy as that sounds) for... like I'd be more likely to comment on their questions and try to get to know them better :)

• Yess same! I usually only follow people if they have a ton of followers because then I'll "blend" I guess. And then I'm afraid they'll end up messaging me and tbh I'm not always ready for conversation.

• No you're not alone I'm like that too sometimes lol :P

• no, there are people on here with thousands of followers. it's a compliment.

• Don't take it personally. Don't be scared. Most likely people will find it flattering