What are the new GAG changes?

Obviously there was an update again a moment ago and some stuff has changed. What I noticed is that you can see if the Asker upvotes your opinion and you get 7 points instead of 5 when you get MHO. ANYTHING ELSE?

Most Helpful Guy

• Downvote me damnit!! Does it show if the QA downvoted?

• Let's try... 😛

• Sir, you lost the chance to earn 1 xper :P

• @YourFutureEx

Well maybe she'll help me make that up with a MHO... :)

Most Helpful Girl

• There were a lot of updates but a brief overview of some of the major changes includes:
    - There is now a label letting users know if the QA or myTake owner up votes an opinion. Users also will receive +1 xper point if the QA or myTake owner up votes their opinions.
    - MHO awards the user +7 xper points now instead of +5
    - Those were the major xper point changes but there were others too which can be found by viewing the FAQ http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper#57
    - When a MHO has been selected, the stars are no longer gold. One is pink (for MH girl) and one is blue (for MH guy).
    - Opinion Comments now have their own "comment" icon. So, if users are talking underneath someone's opinion and they want to respond to one user in particular (not the opinion owner or the QA), they just have to click the "comment" icon on that person's comment and it will auto-mention that user.
    - If you have new activity for a question or myTake, clicking on the notifications will take you to a designated "New Activity" section on that question or myTake page. All your new activity (New opinions, opinion comments, mentions) will appear under "New Activity" on first load; meaning: after you view the new activities on a certain page, on your next visit to the same page you won't see the New Activity box anymore; they would be moved to their relevant positions under gender opinions.

• Thanks for the info :) Definitely didn't notice the comment thingy!

• Much better changes, I approve!

• @MysteriousFlower Not if you click the 'comment' icon on the comment of the user you want to respond to and it's only for users who are not the opinion owner and not the QA, so it's basically for third party users who are having a conversation under someone's opinion :)

@Riverock Glad you like them :)

@Hannah591 Awesome! Glad you approve :)

What Guys Said 22

• when i saw "asker upvoted and u earned 1 Xper" my reaction was "NO IT CAN'T BE!!"...

as time went by GAG was becomin more moderate when it was about Xper-givin and this was good... Xper shouldn't be given like candies... and now we got 1 step back..

Now wid MHO upgradin from 5 to 7 and gettin another 1 xtra if asker upvotes... this will benefit Xper hunters pretty much... gettin a MHO doesn't just require to write a thoughtful post... if u r da sole poster in one question u can get MHO even if u post shit... it sucks... especially if u post shit on a long question... most people will ignore a LD question but if someone posts there and he/she posts sth unhelpful and he/she's da only one who posts... he/she'll get MHO anyway... sucks :|

Not to mention this tremendous "Be the first girl/guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!" is still there... :(

by the way i've got another suggestion... i'll post it in 1.5 hr when i'm able to post a question again... updates happen often so...

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• I don't know, I actually like the updates this time. But I can see what you're saying. I do agree that there shouldn't be an xper given to the first guy/girl though, you're right about that.

• My reaction was the same as you.

• @menguc it's good that sort of thing is happening because I think personally some people wanted to be first even if a stupid pointless comment because they got xp and that means prizes eventually

• Voting should be anonymous in my opinion.

I'm not sure if this new thing is retroactive or not. But if it is then it's another privacy violation. They have no respect for privacy around here. This thing is pretty minor, but in the past I'm pretty sure they outright broke privacy laws. I seriously looked into suing the shit out of GaG because of it and forcing them to change.

• You should disavow your questions and close your account then...

• First, this doesn't affect me personally. I'm just a strong privacy rights advocate.

As I said, this particular thing with upvotes is not a big deal. But what they've done in the past is.

There is no requirement (in the US) for a privacy policy, private profiles, etc. But *IF* they have them, then they must by law honor them. If they have a privacy policy, everything in there must be honored. If the company provides a private profile, then that must be honored also. Anything inside a private profile must remain private. In the case of GaG, that means age, country, relationship status, occupation, text etc.

FB and others have been successfully sued many times. Several states, countries and individuals have gone after them successfully. When FB made members' private information public, they were forced to back down real fast. GaG has done the same thing. They retroactively made portions of private profiles public with no notice, and with no kind of opt out.

• The internet has turned into one massive spy network. The entire internet is a massive violation of people's rights. People should be in an uproar about it. If it was their right to free speech being blatantly violated, people would be raising hell. But when their right to privacy is violated they keep silent. There needs to be a major changes in the laws, and the existing laws need to be more strictly enforced.

Even without the laws, it's just courtesy to respect people's privacy. Individuals do the same thing when they post pictures of other people without permission.

@Hannah591 @Kerbie @BeeNee

• It's a good idea. This will keep people from spamming quick opinions in place of anyone else, and try to put more effort in to get MHO. I think this is beneficial.

What's also great is how the #new parameter is appended to the question link, and then you can see the new activity rather than having to scroll down and hope to find all of it (or not).

• I suppose GaG is trying to reward positive feedback. :)

• Under a comment in the right corner there's a little square you can click to comment on that comment. Much easier!

• I think I like it - It will make GaG more positive

• The social media buttons got moved to the top is what I heard.

• Unless they give us a way to edit typos, I don't care.

• It looks like larger a font size, at least on my laptop.

• I actually like these new changes!

• i think some of the changes are slowly improving gag and that can only be a good thing

• Thank you for letting us know about the updates XD

• I'm happy with these changes they seem well thought out especially the comment on a comment option

• Well I haven't noticed so thanks for the information!!

• I don't know

• well they should change for the owner of the opinon could see the ones u upvotes and down

• Useless annoying shit

• Because potato

• Change we need like Obama said..

• Oh wow lol. What if you can see if other users upvote your opinion besides the Asker? I wonder how many people would upvote?

• You can't lol but that'd be pretty interesting hahaha

• Because I know some users on here get the same upvotes by the same people every time they comment. Every time. Doesn't matter what they say.

• Opinion owner receives +1 XPER if they get an Asker Upvote.

• Yeah I noticed that too, it was SO worthwhile! lol

• I got a notification for the upvote, SO necessary!

• Really? Lol

• Yeah, as with all these changes I think they're a waste of time. But GaG is gonna be like all other organisations: full of people making trivial little tweaks to things in order to justify their jobs.

What Girls Said 16

• I Was Cut Off a few hours ago Unexpectedly with GAG doing some sort of Updates.
    I logged back on and found the Print even different and Bigger and Better Now, @MissNowhere and with what you have just said and stated, what you have just stated, this Gives More in Store in our Most Amazing GAG Community.
    Good luck. xx

• I bet the next time I come back on everything would be different. Tryna keep up with gag's footsteps is hard lol

• that's true. the last time i took an extended break GaG completely changed its layout when i came back. it went from dark blue to white with the guy and girls opinions side-by-side. sensory overload, lol

• Yeah, now you can also vote for Most Useless Opinion :D! haha
    :o!!! justkiddinggg! that would be funny though... but it's so sad they woudln't do that because some people are too sentimental and we'd have a couple suicides on here probably for geting MUO :(!

• Now it says when the asker upvotes an opinion

• yeah, and I think it also gives the person which an Asker upvotes an Xper point

• I wonder if it notifies you if you get downvoted from the asker aswell. Would only make sense right?

But those changes are cool. I like them. *finally a change/update I like* 😅😓

• I'm pretty sure it doesn't notify for that 😄 Since it doesn't show the "Asker downvoted" label xD

I actually like them too for once 😛 Usually they disappoint me, but not this time.

• Haha, you get an Xper point if the Asker upvotes but nothing changes if the Asker downvotes, so it's probably considered irrelevant, that's why xD

• Argh fair enough, would of been an awesome feature, could imagine all the hate the asker would get if he/she were to downvote. And those "accidental downvotes" are lethal too!!

• I think you get a point if the asker upvotes you as well.

• I saw that! I've noticed what you mentioned, but haven't seen anything else.. yet.

• Just noticed another thing... when you click on your question, there's like a separate place that's called New Activity 😛 You're in there right now haha

• Hahaha, I was just about to say that! You don't notice that until you check your notifications.

• those are the only new ones i've caught onto. i think it's kinda cool, but are we really earning THAT much extra? since they did raise the prices of the rewards? i think it all pretty much evens out.

• the text does look bigger too.. just noticed that after i refreshed.

• Trying to keep up with gag is getting hard lol

• but whats the point if asker upvotes?

• Recommended questions too. I was just about to ask the same thing!.

• I just got 7 xper for MHO. Wasn't it 5?

• I don't know, I'm still discovering them.

• and I thought the servers were just down haha

• Does it tell you if an asker down-votes you?

Down-vote me so I can see xD

• You get an extra point if the asker likes your answer. So like this one! Lol