What's the significance in knowing whether or not the Asker upvoted you?

I've just noticed a new change among GAG where you are notified if the Asker upvotes your post. What's the significance in knowing this informaiton? Just curious seeing as I'm really unsure why it matters?

Most Helpful Guy

• This ''asker upvoted'' thing is just a load of crap.

I mean, Its like MHO's, MHO is not the most helpful opinion, MHO is the post that told the asker what they wanted to hear.

I recall going back a few weeks here, Someone posted a question about overpopulation, And this girl made like a 2000 word reply with graphs and shit, and it was amazing, and the asker gave MHO to someone who wrote ''i dont know but we should pray''... how the fuck is that fair? she got xper when the good reply didn't

and its going to be the same here, The asker will only upvote things that kiss their arse / tell them what they want to here. And, If the asker upvotes a comment the opinion owner gets +1 Xper...

Its just a load of shit, It encourages people to not have their own opinion and instead just suck the askers balls in an attempt to farm an extra Xper.

• I seen this sort of thing so often lately too it just makes everyone a sell out!

Most Helpful Girl

• i guess it doest really matter. its just a fun little update.

What Guys Said 6

• more validation. the fuck i don't even know bahahaa

• You get a point for each asker upvote - There was a upgrade earlier on - Check out @xhoneyxbeex answer on this question
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1663640-what-are-the-new-gag-changes

• Because you have an opinion the asker thinks is good. I wish that would happen to me.

• Wow thanks. Now lets see if my luck continues. I wish for a girlfriend. 😊

• Lol, I'm not a genie ;P

• The point is, to see if the user agrees with the answer that you gave. :-D

• Also, users get a extra XPer points if the asker agrees with your answer. It's GaG's way to promote positivity on the site.

• To justify my own ego in the amazing answers I give.

• lmao

• Here. Feel better. :)

• I was as well :P hahaa

• I know right.. I mean idc if you upvoted me. Stop giving me a notification for that!!!

• Thanks for the notification

• *You're

• I'd upvote you again if I could just for that ;)

What Girls Said 6

• Basically, we wanted to try to make changes that impact quality posts on the site. We want to award users who post quality content. The core purpose of GirlsAskGuys is for people to come here, ask their questions, and get advice. When a QA up votes an opinion, it typically means that the QA agreed with them or found the opinion to be helpful (not always, but a lot of times this is the case). So, the user will see a label letting them know the QA liked their opinion or found it helpful and that user will also get +1 xper point for that up vote from the QA.

• Because if the Asker upvotes, the Opinion Owner gets 1 Xper point.

• I don't like it because it keeps sending me notifications, lol.

Otherwise, it is okay.

I think those who are reading the opinions would find it helpful knowing the asker upvoted the opinion... as in it was helpful to the asker..

• You will know if they agree or disagree with what you say especially if they don't leave a comment under your opinion and you get 1 Xper point

• Because you get a point

• It does not matter but it does help prove my opinion on non anon questions that mho highest percentage is a popularity contest
    Question askers will give mho to users in their cliques and this feature can expose it