Do you think peoples opinions would hold more weight if we had all profile pics up?

Do you think that your opinion could be swayed by how a person looks and their views? Consider it, I mean an example is having hot models in smoking commercials when its astablished as to how bad of a habit it can be

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Tough one - I would have thought that when I started GaG but I actually don't think it has a huge impact - I like to see what people look like but I stll respect peoples' opinion and identify with peoples' profile even if they aren't in their pic though I do feel a disconnect with anons.

What Girls Said 5

• Well people did start treating me nicer after I changed to my cat picture so I do think it has an effect. I don't think we should *have* to put something up we don't feel comfortable with.

• Depending on the type of question, a profile picture can definitely have an impact. Like, say there's a person asking what exercises are best to tone up this or that. If the person answering is obese, of course their advice isn't going to be taken as seriously.

• Agree or if a girl has a nice butt and a girl asks how to improve it, shell take her advice over a thin girl

• Not at all

• no, they could just get fake ones. I think anon holds more weight, because the poster isn't getting anything for their pov.

• Yes. I had a picture up and my opinions had more weight. Now that I don't, I'm a nobody and that's okay

What Guys Said 3

• I somehow feel your view is valid, although I can't substantiate it!

• It does have an affect. Most commercials use classical conditioning by good old Pavlov in psychology pairing girls with a product for boys like in the motorcycle advertisement and a boys with a girls product like a make up brand show how all the boys go after a girl because of the product.
    And emotions in a family ad.
    So definitely it does affect on people. I see through it.

• no, i don't see why it matters.