Do you give MHO to the best answer, or the answer you wanted to hear?

Assuming they are not one and the same. Happens often enough, askers rewarding those who regurgitate their existing beliefs instead of honest, accurate rebuttals which provoke conversation. Where do you fall?

Most Helpful Girl

• I typically do not ask question looking for advice, but rather to promote some sort of discussion. Therefore, I typically give MHO to the users who I felt expressed their opinions/beliefs the best and who seemed the most sensible to me. Their opinions may or may not be what I personally believe, however, I feel like if someone can express themselves well, I am far more open to their ideas.

Most Helpful Guy

• I give it to the best answer I read.
    For questions where I'm asking for advice, I'll give it to someone who makes a sensible opinion and a viable plan of action. They show they actually care a bit enough to write a well thought out opinion.
    For funny questions, I'll give it out the most funny person.
    For generic questions, I give it out to the person who put the most effort in the opinion. It still has to be a good answer though.

What Girls Said 4

• I usually give it to the answer I needed to hear. Whether it was reassurance in the beliefs I already had, or an opinion that made me look at my situation in a completely different way (therefore changing my original feelings on it).

• The best answer. Whoever does the best job answering the question

• It really depends on my mood at the time.

• I usually give M/H to whoever manages to make me have a reaction. Either a frown or a smile or whatever. I don't ask for advice though.

What Guys Said 3

• my questions are never serious so I just give it to the funniest person.

• Best or most creative answer since I dont necessarily want to hear anything specific.

• Is this going to be like the parole board scene in 'Raising Arizona'?