The notifications just won't go away?

It's annoying the hell out of me. I see a orange thingy with '2' but somehow I cannot find where that notifications are pointing to. Someone anyone has an idea about this?

The first time it happened, I managed to get rid of it. But this time I couldn't, no matter what way I tried. 😑

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not alone... sometimes there are new opinions or comments and the notification is missing... and sometimes you get fake notifications :o
    I've had it and many others have mentioned the same issue!

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah! Those are really annoying! They're usually alerts for posts that have been hidden by moderators and are waiting for admins to review them. If they don't go away in like a day, I'd message the admins at http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact and let them know what's going on.

What Guys Said 4

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1658124-guys-i-m-getting-a-notification-it-won-t-go-away

It's happened to me before. What you want to do is find every spot where you could have been mentioned recently (in like a comment). That appears to be what the ghost notification is.

The ghost of GAG is truly terrifying.

• That's gonna make me crazy and frustrated if I couldn't manage to find it tho. :/ but thankfully it's gone now so yay 😄

• Ghost notifications happened to me a few times but always went away if it doesn't go away do as Belle says check with Admin

• I can understand it can be irritating, not sure why it would happen.

• I think the stupid orange bar is far more annoying

What Girls Said 5

• I think I know what's wrong because something similar happened to me.

Apparently now we get notified if the asker upvotes us so you just have to click on the question where you got upvoted. Otherwise I don't know ;)

• It's probably a bug. I think I've seen it happen to other people before.

• It happened a few times before to some of us
    Let Admin know about it

• That happened to me a couple of days back. It eventually went away.

• Contact the admin about it. I know how annoying it is. @@