Guys, do you see this in your future?

I've noticed through a post or two here that some guys do not wanna get married!!

I was wondering if it was because of that particular Q or most guys just don't care to have a family?

Do you want to get married? do you want children of your own? if not then why?

• Yes
    46% (6)
  • No
    23% (3)
  • Maybe
    31% (4)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

Most Helpful Guy

• One day I will want to get married and have 2 kids but that's just me, others are more cynical and see marriage as a way for people to lose their money, kids and sex.

What Guys Said 7

• Well, to answer your questions

1. I never want to get married.

2. I don't want to have kids of my own. Of course since I am going to remain single forever ( till death), so I am not going to have kids on my own, never, it's obvious.

3. Well, I have my logical reasons, yes a lot of reasons but I can't mention all them here, it's hard to explain.

I can mention some of them though.

• Please share if you feel comfortable doing so!

• Yes, just a small point to your last comment. I am 100% happy being content and single. I have no regrets whatsoever. What you said is true, well said actually.

• Thank you.

• Well I do but it's a scary subject. The fact of the matter is that marriage has pretty well zero benefits for guys and they go in with everything to lose. There is a 50% chance of getting divorced and most of the time it is brought on by the wife. In the case of divorce courts are really unfair and the guy ends up losing everything. This causes a bad stigma on marriage and makes a lot of guys fearful of it. Most see marriage as unhappiness, loss, and slavery. I want to get married and have a family, but it is a big risk to take for the modern man.

• Zero benefits for guys, when it comes to law & court or in general?

• Mostly law and court, but in general as well. Back in the day no one really had sex outside of marriage, or had a loving relationship without getting married. Now we don't need to be married to bang because it's not really taboo anymore. We don't need to be married to be in relationship. The benefits are gone, but the title is still there

• Oh I see what you mean! that's sad..

Thank you for sharing your opinion though!

• I think some people might be reacting to being single or a breakup/rejection but in their hearts of hearts most guys want to settle down and have kids.

• Well some have different reasons but for the most part in their heart they want to settle down as you said.

Thank you for sharing your opinion!

• Legally, marriage for guys is disadvantageous.

As for children, I'd like to adopt when I'm older, but not now.

• Would you change your mind if you end up loving someone?

• I don't need a legal document or a ritual to declare my love for someone. If I want to spend my life with another who says I have to get married?

• Cool. Thank you for sharing your opinion!

• I definitely want to get married as do most of my guy friends. For me though I see less girls wanting to get married. I think marriage is just changing because women have been given more opportunities and want to prove they deserve the chances.

• Good to know that!

I don't know about girls in cultures like yours tbh.

• I do want to get married and have children but also i don't want to rush into things so I'm pretty sure I have a lot of time in hand before i decide to get married

• Understandable! Thank you for sharing your opinion!

Wish you the best of luck =)

• I don't want to marry, but I do want kids and plan on having them

• To elaborate. I think the reason most guys get married is because it ensure they will have "someone special" to spend the rest of their life with, because they don't think they'll be able to land women once they're old. I on the under hand see no reason why I should be able to and plan on continuing to date women in their twenties even when i'm 50+

• 18 years? i plan to be a parent for as long as my kids live with me, not just until they turn 18

• No the years is not the point. Co-parenting is.