What is your opinion on askers upvoting everyone's opinion/comment?

Perhaps I need to get used to this, because I was always used to going through and "upvoting" everyone's opinion just to acknowledge that I read it, especially if I did not really have a comment to respond with. Now that points are awarded for "upvoting" I feel as if I need to refrain from that habit and only "upvote" if I feel as if the comment was thoughtful enough to deserve the point. I feel as if that was the point of this change, but it is going to be a difficult habit to break. Anyone else?

• I have and still will always "upvote" every opinion/answer
  • I used to "upvote" every opinion/answer and will now change this habit
  • I only "upvote" those who give thoughtful answers or opinions and plan to still do so
  • I don't care/See Results/Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally only upvoted thoughtful answers, and answers that I liked. I'll probably stay with that, because clicking every post takes a lot of effort!

I selected every MHO on every old question I had, but this would just be too much. Put effort in, people! You'll get well-deserved upvotes everywhere :P

• Yeah, I think I am going to attempt to just try to "upvote" the thoughtful answers. I don't like the idea of awarding people points for posting crap answers or just simple yes or no answers with fillers.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have always only up voted the ones I felt deserved it. Some people give pointless or unhelpful answers so I don't up vote them. I rarely use the down vote feature.

• Yeah, I rarely use the down vote feature. If they are unnecessarily rude I will use it, but other than that if they disagree with me and are polite about it or give valid reasons, I would still up vote.

What Guys Said 8

• I've always had the feeling that @girlsaskguys has something in mind about the upvotes and downvotes even though they seemed meaningless. I guess that feeling holds true after all :D

I vote 'C' and I will always give upvotes and downvotes (the latter is scarce and only when someone is really demeaning a topic or someone) only when I deem required and warranted :)

• I upvote everyone except those who don't answer my question or just troll. I don't care if that person gets an xper point, I don't know why that should make me stop from upvoting them even if their opinion isn't that great.

• I guess I just don't feel as if I should reward someone who just answers with a short yes or no answer that they took two seconds to type out and did not even think about.

• Well yeah, if the answer is pointless, then I don't upvote then, but there are answers that I know the person said that with good intentions, but they didn't really help me, but I still upvote them.

• Yeah, for sure.

• I only upvote answers that I do think are helpful or are simply interesting/funny depending on what the question is about.

• I picked C because I used to always to forget to upvote/downvote now I will be more concious of it and upvote good answers. I think upgrade will improve quality and engender positivity on site.

• i like to Upvote peoples opinions i like to be cool ,
    i have people who down vote me and will say rude stuff
    and some stuff can really be hurtful people but i take care
    of it i do not deal with haters ,

• It depends on the question.
    If I'm asking a question that isn't really serious then I'll just upvote anything I like.
    If it's a question that will spark debates then I'll upvote thoughtful answers

• I upvote anyone who is nice to me and deserves it. And anyone who disagrees respectfully in a civil manner

• Valid point. I probably will not just up vote for being nice, unless they have posted something useful or thoughtful, but I agree with you about up voting people who disagree so long as they are civil about it and not just trolling.

• yeah, but remember not all the questions on here are about serious matters either. Some are just entertaining.

• Yes, that is true. I like those questions. The site would not be the same without the fun questions. I just do not ask a whole lot of questions myself. I am trying to change that. I want to be a more active user, but I am not always looking for advice. I usually looking more for opinions on things out of curiosity or to get a different perspective on things.

• i upvote good answers

What Girls Said 4

• i dont mind it at all when askers do that.

as for me, from the start i kind of haven't really remembered the existence of the up vote/downvote thing unless someone's like "wow look how many u got!" or something lol.

but now that there actually r points being given out, ill probably use it towards answers i feel are very thoughtful and/or helpful.

• Sometimes I upvote all comments, sometimes only the ones that I really like, other times I upvote some and not all because I get lazy.

It depends on my question for upvoting the ones I really like.

• That makes sense. I guess I just always liked to let people know that I acknowledged that I read it, even if I didn't really have anything to say in response, but then again... how would they know it was me that read it and upvoted before now. I just think the reason for the update was to reward those who give thoughtful answers, so that is why I feel as if I need to change this habit.

• I see. :p

I would still upvote questions that are about them.

If I am asking for serious advice, then I would upvote those that give some advice without saying just one or two words.

• It doesn't matter to me. I will keep upvoting everyone like I always do.

• I would say black women as affirmative action for being black snd a women gives them a free ride