Notification when asker upvotes your opinion. Isn't this the most annoying update GAG has done?

I was away for a week when I signed in I was wow look at all the notifications. This has to be the most annoying update yet. What do you all think of it?

• It is annoying.
  • No it's not annoying I like it.
  • I hate it.
  • It just drives me bananas.
  • The question asker is annoying.
Damn these notifications are annoying. I was on for a bit this afternoon came back on this evening to 15 of those notices saying asker up voted your comment. AAAARRRRGGGG! I hate these things.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is very annoying I signed in and I saw 17 notifications.
    Most of them were "asker has up voted your opinion". Great you like my opinion put a banner next to the like but don't send me a notification.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol you should upvote everyone in this question 😈

What Guys Said 15

• Well I vote 'B' cause I like it :) :D

It's good to know if the asker has read your opinion and upvoted you :)

• Yes I can see how it would be annoying for someone who was away for a while but I think we are in honeymoon period and people are upvoting on old questions soon you will only be getting upvotes from your last active session so it won't be so bad. I think it is good because you can look at it and think I answered 30 questions yesterday and got 15 upvotes then you know you are doing something right.

• I like the fact that we can see if the asker upvoted, but I don't like that we get a notification.

• Yes but does GAG have to sen you a notice? I opened this morn to 40 + notices.

• @Red_Arrow I know, and I like the fact that we know that the asker has upvoted us, but I don't like that we get a notification about it.

• Well, I never go back and look to see what kind of votes I get unless there is something else I am checking, so this is the only way I would normally find out.

• Haha yeah if you do your best to give good opinions and get lots of upvotes, you need to click them away one by one... maybe it would have been a better idea to make them visible though a click on a menu item. Not automatically... now you have 6 new posts and 15 upvotes :o
    I like the user upvote idea since it rewards good opinions. But it needs fine tuning :D

• Yes I was away a few days & here 40 notices when I checked in.

• Haha let's see it from the positive side... your opinions are popular :D

• It's a bit of both, actually!

You both think it's great to be getting activity, but you also don't really get to "respond" to anything.

It certainly makes the site feel a bit more lively. I think it'll help against people getting bored.

• Yes it's what I was thinking when I saw all those notices till I started to read.

• I tend to check the other responses too when I get an upvote though, and see what's up in that thread. I think it can be a good thing in the future.

• I haven't actually seen one good update since I joined the site over a year ago.
    It's just progressively getting worse and worse. Don't know why they're trying to sabotage their own website.

• Blame the cheesemogger

• yeah i think its quite unnecessary

• I hate it. Get my hopes up and GAG lets me down once again

• It's nice to know I'm getting a point

• There should be "asker downvoted" notification too.

• Yes it is annoying... great people like my comments but idon't have to know that

• I actually like it because it gives me a reason to check GaG.

• I like it, I get extra xper for that which is good cause i don't like giving many opinions all day

• It does kind of drive me crazy.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't find that feature a problem, but it's annoying how it notifies you about it. It's not really necessary in my opinion

• Another way to Thank Someone who feels my job has Been done, @douride2 :)) xx

• A + D
    of course

• No it isn't annoying

Neutral

I canr say i like it

I dont understand why is there a need to have such feature

• Nah I think the constant pestering by companies and their featured takes and polls are the most annoying. Also this "guys only/girls only" bullshit.

• Yes ! I get excited thinking i am going to read a comment. I am so disappointed when i am notified about an upvote. I am indifferent towards getting upvotes or downvotes. I appreciate the xper for the askers upvote, but i would much rather it just be added to my account than be notified about it

• Ahh here I disappointed you yet again.

• Haha thanks though - for the upvote lol. At least you left a comment so that excited me Lol