Why do people on GaG hate younger users so much?

I've seen a couple of questions concerning younger users giving advice to older me members... Why is this an issue? We have as much of a right to voice our opinions and to give advice as anyone else on GaG. Why should out age make a difference. Sure, we may not have as much wisdom, but we have voices, and they should be allowed to be heard...

I asked this question befit a while ago... But it has really been bugging me lately.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because younger users ask "post a selfie" ; "mention your this, mention your that" ; "rate my butt" ; "I'm unicorn, what should I do?" ; "Hi, wanna chat?" ; "Ask me anything" ; "Let's play a game" etc.

And they lack life experiences, wisdom and prudence. They are still learning a lot of things which they already did. They're not enough serious and are the ones who are depressed because of studies and teenage love. They don't give serious advice. They are sarcastic and post things like "I don't know" ; "I can't tell" ; "Maybe" ; "Be yourself" etc. which will ultimately won't help anyone.

^ This is what older fellas believe. Not me.

• I don't do any of that.

• 'cause this 25 year old is unstoppable!

• Excellent answer... 😊

And in high school , they are the most vicious crowd bullying others. No surprising they love to start fights here and can't deal with different opinions

Most Helpful Girl

• I asked this question a looonnngg time ago...

There were people who flat out said that our opinions mean nothing because we're inexperienced...

And some people who tried to "console" me, saying that whoever talks down on me is just another ignorant fool.

As a teen, I've been through a lot. I know you probably have too. And we wouldn't be giving opinions unless we actually knew what the hams we're talkig about.

People just dismiss our generation a lot... and what little kids we are. They just can't accept the fact that we KNOW things they DON'T.

And most of all, they sometimes HATE it when we're RIGHT.

• That is so true... This is happening right now.

• I understand your point of view. But i exclusively mentioned "some situations".

We would like you here. That's not a problem. You may be more mature than rest of guys and girls of your age. Fine agreed. But you aren't getting what we are trying to say.

As far as the blocking is concerned.. we have bern often blocked by sweet 16 or 15-18 year people when they disagree.

But i agree that abusing younger teenagers is not good. Those are douches who act aggressively against young people.

• I completely understand what you're saying.

You're stating that you and most other people hate the immature girls/guys who ask about their penis/vagina/ass etc.

But we're not taking about them here. I'm talking about younger GAGers in general. How when giving advice to older people, we're automatically wrong on our part because of our age.

Immaturity isn't measured by how long you lived, it's measured by how much "sense" you have.

I'm speaking for young GAGers who actually wanna help. Like the Asker, myself, and a few other people.

What Guys Said 29

• If there is only one reason why I'm bugged by the under-18 crowd, it's because most of the "DOES HE LIKE ME? DO I LOOK ATTRACTIVE ENOUGH? ARE MY BOOBS OKAY? WHAT ABOUT MY BOOBS? WILL GUYS LOVE ME? I'M 15 AND NO GUY MADE ANY ADVANCES WHAT DO I DO?" kind of questions belong to the under-18 crowd; and you can't filter by age anymore and they're taking up a LOT of space on the feed even though they're inane content.

Other than that, I have no problem with them sharing advice; although at 23, I'm pretty damn sure there were a lot of things I used to think I knew back when I was 16-18, but actually had zero clue about. Mostly to do with social relationships, and how to know how other people work. That stuff was just unknown to me.

• I don't do any of that. Most of them don't, actually.

• I wish. It certainly feels like they do. I base that on that back when the age filter was out, setting it for 25-29 or above eliminated every single one of those questions.

• Those questions bug me too.

• I don't y'all but I don't you seriously either when some of you post ridiculous questions or act like the world is over because you haven't been loved by a guy by age 15 or something or when some of you act like you know everything or more then the people that have been doing said things for years.

That being said It's stuff like that, that gives younger gagers a bad name, while it's obviously not all of you do it, the few that do it give the rest of you a bad name.

I don't give judgement until I see the question or the person themselves, in which case it's more of an issue of the individual but it does get annoying if multiple questions like that pop up.

• Older people being annoyed with younger ones, especially for no valid reasons, just shows their immaturity. We often fail to realise that we too were their age at one point.

• I find it very arrogant by some users to discriminate against other users - Users should be judged on the answers they give not who they are or how old they are - There is some question of under 18s answering explicit questions though I think if a ban was put in place younger users may lie about their age. I rarely read/answer the sex questions so I can have no objection to any input on other questions that I read.

• I don't hate younger GAGers. I judge each and every person depending on their behaviour on GAG and while I have seen older Gagers that are more mature than some of the younger ones I have also seen GAGers around 16 that have more maturity than some older GAGers that are nearly 30. So I judge everyone individually. I have actually been impressed with the maturity and quality of answers from some of the teen GAGers here. :)

• Several times I've been put down as inexperienced. My attitude is you don't have to be experienced to understand. My profile used to read something like:

I read and try to understand
    I listen and try to understand
    I look and try to understand
    I think and try to understand
    But I'll never have all the answers

To understand is to put yourself firmly in someone elses shoes and consider life from their point of view. To ask what you would do in a given situation to give the best outcome.

I feel there are some people in their 20s and 30s that consider me to be a typical 18 year old that wears a baseball cap back to front. Sorry to disappoint those people, as I do have a modicum of intelligence!!

• Hate is not the correct word, but can't take you seriously. In all likelihood you don't know what you are talking about.

• I've went through depression, anxiety, bullying, and relationships even though I'm young, so I have some background knowledge on "adult problems". My age shouldn't reflect my intelligence. Not all teenagers are ignorant. There are loads of intelligent teens on G@G.

• Your attitude does not convince me, but you are welcome to express your opinion. Nobody ever said you are not allowed to.

• Everything should be taken with a grain of salt. :)

• Not hating but i would just avoid some questions which are irrelevant. Of course it is understandable that they are not as mature as above 20 youngsters but if a 14-15 year old girl or say guy asks questions like..
    "Does my ass looks good?"

Do you expect an 28 year old guy saying "wow that's great. Would bang" ?

"Are my boobs small?"
    "Am i beautiful. Rate me?"
    "Is my penis too big?"

Also the relationship questions are sometimes too much because we all know that love life in teenager is all about sex and fun and serious relationship is in minority.

These are questions that are often irritating because we all were once under 18 too and today we look at teenagers and think "OH sHIT we used yo think same way too!" and realised that it was often stupid.

But o don't mind them here. Those people who love to answer will answer you anyways..

• its whatevers to me. I can't know if behind that user is possibly an older person.

• There's a few youngsters that are cool

• dont look at me...

but i dont hate them, i just wish that when i ask a mature type of question that they can somehow refrain from answering it.

also their questions are pretty immature and often revolve around insecurity such as always asking...

- how do i look?

- what do you think of my ass?

- am i too fat to date?

- does he/she like me because he/she did this and that

and so on. if you ask me i think this could get pretty annoying from time to time

• Well, I don't think so it's like that.

• I don't hate no one and i think young users are awesome

you gotta know hate is a strong word , i am Mr Lovable <3 :D :p

• They don't. Please don't generalize. I try to treat everyone as if they are my equal. I play with my little cousins (some of them are hardly even 10 years old) as if I'm one among them. I also talk with my close friend of about 50+, entertain him, and make him feel loved. Now, the only problem I see with younger GAGers is that they are so sensitive, often hard-to-please and easily get frustrated about silly things (I usually consider "younger" as those below 30-35 years of age).

• Well anyoine whos a teen hasn't lived enough to understand adult problems

• What are "adult" problems? I obviously avoid those kinds of questions if I don't know what to say. But I've been through more than what most teens have been.

• Depression, divorced parents, relationships, bullying, and illness isn't anything?

• Everyone goes through similar things at you r age those are teen problems very normals

• I don't hate them.

• I'm cool with young gagers

• I don't, I really respect them A LOT actually. There are some teens here who are really wise
    I'm usually looking forward to see their opinion pop up

• I don't hate younger users

• because we sometimes discuss things in a way it´s not suitable for a child... and then those minors get into those questions and comment too. kind of annoying.

• Cuz adults think that GAG is all about sex and they feel proud about being adults and think that this is an adults only website.

Scratch that, a minimal amount of adults think that.

• Someone hates, Someone don't. I don't hate young GAGers. They are pretty cool and bring youthful vigor to GAG.

• There are a bunch of cool younger GAGers on here. Some of their questions though not so much.

• The only thing that bothers me is the ammount of under 18s who write everything in capitals.

• I honestly only had one hater, but he stopped shortly after

• I dont!!!

...

• I seldom look at users ages. Maybe I should do.

• Hate is not the same as a lack of respect for an ill-formed opinion. Of course you have a right to air your view, just as we have a right to point out how completely naive it is.

• I don't hate young gagers. What I hate are young gagers, who think they know it all. They don't

• I obviously don't, but I shouldn't be allowed to give advice because I'm 16?

• No, you're allowed to, just don't act like you know everything

• Again, I don't know everything. Nobody knows everything, and I won't act like I do.

What Girls Said 16

• I don't dislike younger users. I do dislike that horrible teen attitude that combines the annoyance of special snowflakes, self righteousness, and is just plain annoying.

Like there was a teen girl (who was claiming to be between 18 and 24...) who was trying to say a 16 year old and a 39 year "dating" was okay and then proceeded to block everyone who disagreed with her. Does that sound like someone people should be taking advice from?

• Some teenagers are just immature, but most of them are pretty damn mature for their age, and it makes the older users furious.

• That's true, but there's a difference between attitude and teen attitude. I don't have patience for attitude and I *really* don't have patience for teen attitude.

• I don't have the patience for either one.

• When I joined gag I was 17 years old. They still had the system to put 'under 18' as your age. So I got a lot of hate because of my age, even though I never asked the typical 'under 18 questions'. Some people even called me an old soul in a young body. Which doesn't makes sense ofcourse because I can be insightful not from life experience, but with knowledge and intelligence.
    Then I turned 18 (so I had the 18-24 indication). Suddenly all the age hate was gone.
    So it doesn't matter what you do, who you are. They will just despise you because of your age.
    I also want to say something about the typical under 18 questions as so they're called. I've seen just as many above 18 people and even above 25 people asking to rate their butt or something. Also, wouldn't it be nice if the elder people could teach the youth that appearance, figure and such doesn't really matter and that you should be happy with yourself and never ever hold yourself back because of your insecurities?
    Or the questions about young love. Teach the youth how to stand with what they want and not get influenced as much by their boyfriends demands?
    If you want to act tough and wise because you're older than us, then take the responsibility to share your life experience with the youth.
    Sorry for the long post. I always take this subject very personal.

• I do agree, while the "he glanced at me does he like me" questions are mostly under 18, it still reaches up to the 18-24 group as well. People don't magically become intelligent, wise and knowledgable just because they aged plus one day to their previous 364. And even if you've reached the magical 18, you can still be a dumbass. I know I was. I know you aren't. Age is an indicator, but not a perfectly reliable one.

• #generalisation199 i dont hate them, i think they're great, but sometimes there is the occasional nonsensical or explicit post that does get me frustrated. i mean it's typical high school immaturity and it's to be expected but i think they should be considerate anyway, just like we all should.

there's that annoying bunch in every age so it's cool. the large dysfunctional family will continue to survive :P

by the way, look @pt1911 :)

• I don't hate them. But I'd prefer to speak to those my age and hear their opinions. Most of my questions have little to do with kids your age. On top of that, it's unwarranted advice that irks me. I didn't ask for advice and hardly ever due to the amount on irrationality on here but when I get it from a kid which has nothing to do with the question asked, it's annoying.

• I'm not sure, those kind of people are almost always so irrational, they're normally the ones who are going crazy, calling the younger users names etc. Maybe they're just upset because you're younger and already more mature than they are?

Seriously though, i'm always skeptical of people who hate something that doesn't impact their life at all, it seems like they're just looking for things to dislike and I don't take them seriously.

• Tell me about it. I do really appreciate the ones that at least give us a chance though.

The other day on here this boy asked this really ignorant question (I don't even remember what it was but he was basically just complaining rather than stating a question) and after I answered him he said "why should I do what some little kid tells me?" For starters he was under 18 so um ok then and secondly in my opinion I didn't tell him to do anything. Ugh I'm so done with ignorant people 😂

• 1|0
  • They think maturity comes with age, so they automatically say, "oh well, what would you know?"

No matter how much you say "well I've faced challenges too" they'll say, "okay kid, come back when you face adult challenges."

I don't know if it's an attempt to seem better or if they honestly believe there isn't a single question a teen could have the answer to, but I think it's just best to avoid them. There's plenty of others who aren't like that.

• I haven't had anything been targeted at me for answer or asking questions, but i have seen it and i think its just that there are some young GaG members that spoil it for the rest and automatically people would think the rest of us young ones are like that, dont really blame them for thinking that at times but aye if its not you doing anything, dont let anything bug you! :) :)

• Probably because a lot of them think they know everything

• Because I told one yesterday I didn't love rihanna and she was like "this is why I hate you"

• Because everyone thinks they're better than other people on here.
    Childish. Haha

• I didn't know that people secretly hated me, what did I do wrong? :(

• I am fine with usersof any age as long as they are not rude or mean

• I think they hate us because we fabulous and they know it. I'm just kidding I have no fucking idea.

• Oh because most of you guys are kinda retarded