Do people care about there MHO percentage? Does anyone answer the question in a way to increase their chances of getting the MHO? Or avoid a question?

Most Helpful Guy

• How I answer depends on the question and how it is asked. If it is a good question and the Asker seems honest about it, I will put my best effort into answering the question with a good and helpful answer. If the question seems "stupid" but the Asker seems to truly be searching for help, I again still give it my best. If The Asker seems to be trolling, or is arguing with people (not discussing, arguing) then I will tell the asker honestly that they are wrong. I know that will not earn me an MHO, but some people need to realize they cannot walk all over people here. Which means I also jump into conversations when someone is getting pummeled unfairly. I try to maintain my cool, but I have been know to let loose with some harsh words on here.

I often realize the answer I am giving is not the one they want to hear, but I am being honest, so I know I will not get MHO for those. And when I jump into a fray, I certainly don't expect MHO then. And I answer many, many questions daily, so it would seem that being less than completely controlled would cause me to have a low MHO, but it is currently 24%, which ain't bad.

I will avoid some questions. For instance the ones where many good answers have already been given, ones whee a young person is obviously looking for answers from young people, and rate me questions. I often look at them to get a laugh or two, and will respond when someone I know is involved, just to poke fun at them. But I don't assign numbers. I find that demeaning, and when involving the real young one, it is just totally wrong.

• Thank you for MHGuy. :-) And @SensualScribe reminded me that I, too, avoid questions that are hared to impossible to understand. People will get better responses if they will just pay attention to what they are typing in, and proof reading it before submitting to ensure people can understand what they intended.

• Yes, a few spelling and grammar mistakes aren't a big deal, but when it is a bunch of gibberish I am not going to waste my time trying to decipher it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not seek out questions just to get MHO, but I do notice when mine does up and down and I am not going to lie, I am pleased when it goes up and disappointed when it goes down. I just give thoughtful answers to the best of my ability and if I get MHO, great and if not, that is okay too. I do avoid certain questions, but not for the reason of attempting to get a higher MHO. The ones I avoid are ones that hurt my brain to read because there are so many spelling and grammar mistakes that I cannot understand what the asker is trying to relay, obvious trolls, or questions I simply do not have an answer or response to.

What Guys Said 10

• There are a few MHO hunters alright - They pick and choose their questions to give long answers hoping for MHOs - They won't answer the lightweight questions what is your favourite colour/food etc because it affects the percentage. MHO percentage is not a true figure because of automatics and people just handing out MHOs randomly.

• I try to give the best advice I can give. That increases my odds for HMO.

• Nah I just answer questions when and how I see fit. The percentage if the last thing on my mind. I can admit I'm more interested in getting upvotes or making people think and sometimes laugh.

• No i don't care about MHO i give my best advice to help people to
    the best of my ability that is all i can do.

• I always try to give sound honest answers, so I do want my stats here to reflect that. But that is just the type of guy I am, I care about looking good on paper. I value that.

Including on GaG. :)

• I don't I just answer it how I feel it should be answered and if the asker likes it enough to give me MHO that is just a bonus

• Nope not at all

• no because im not sad

• Nope. Not at all. I answer everything from silliest to insightful questions. I even share my opinion on question which already has a MHO.

• I generally just try to give the best answer I can, or if the question is light-hearted the most amusing one.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't care, but it's nice to have a high percentage. :) I'm at 15%, but even so, I will answer any question even if I know for sure that I won't get MHO for it. I even answer questions where the MHO was already picked out. It's not about winning a prize or anything, it's about helping people out and that's what I'm here to do.

• I don't care about my MHO percentage, as long as I can help people, and do my best. I couldn't care less about the points or percentage.

• i just say what i want to...

• No, I don't care about it. I just say what comes to mind.