Ok, GaG REALLY needs to fix up its notification system 😑👻 ?

I KNOW THIS ISN'T JUST HAPPENING TO ME! im not crazy.

i love it when i come on here and see this wonderful orange circle with notifications. now the NORMAL proceedings would be to find the new activity and act accordingly but NOOOO, this is turning into some kinda game of hide-and-seek. I ain't GOT TIME FO DAT.

First it was 1 notification... now i have 4 that have taken on a poltergeist form and it's messing with my head. my activity here is turning into some episode of virtual ghostbusters lol -.-

WHAT IS GOIN ON BRUH? @girlsaskguys i mean ily, but please. PLEASE.

rant over.

seriously though, anyone relating here?

guys, if u have an issue, spam HoneyBee LOL! :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Hahaha
    Troll ghost is troll.

It happened to me and I went just bananas for a bit. I happened to find the mention where it happened (because they apparently are ghost mentions), but it was seriously annoying me quite a bit.
    I always hate it when something says "new" around it. It gives me pleasure in clicking them away. I kept checking my notifications more and more but nothing was popping up. xD

I would suggest you think back to recent comment conversations you started with another person. That's where they tend to be-- in the mentions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol!
    If you're on the page all the notifications are from, the orange circles are going to disappear.

Example: the orange circle says they're 4 notifications, so you click on the question. The notifications could be 1 new comment but 3 comment replies, so the orange circle notifications will disappear.

Also, answering questions in different tabs in the browser, will affect the number of notifications reflected.

If you are answering questions and someone replies while you're on that screen you have to refresh it & their comment won't be marked as "new"

As long as you go by the notification tab marked by the "bell" symbol, you shouldn't miss any notifications, new ones are highlighted, even if the orange circle doesn't appear.

• lol nah i do that but sometimes there are notifications where even if u click on the question there is no new activity at all.

also, i usually do refresh and have always used multiple tabs without having this problem. i feel like it's some kind of glitch that may affect some of us.

thanks anyway

What Guys Said 26

• ooooohhhhhhh adorably awesome. Been SO long since I heard little lioness berate about her displeasure with GAG bugs, changes etc lol <3 <3 :D

I did face this ghost notification yesterday but it's gone today :) guess it's been sorted :)

• It's not just you lol I've been chasing after ghost notification's all day -_- it was getting so annoying that I just decided to do it.

Ghostbuster's style to make it fun lol.

cdn.hitfix.com/.../gb_article_story_large.jpg

https://youtu.be/m9We2XsVZfc

• lol! determined as ever.
      it seriously is the most comparable thing i can think of.

• HELP ME! lol

• Your wish is my command.

• Yes I know what you mean. I have had this happen on a number of occasions, it says I have notifications and I search for them and I don't. Then I can't get the orange circle to go away.

• You're not alone Anna... more and more users see fake notifications :o
    I've had them in the past, but so far, for me the issue has not come back. But many many users have it!
    All systems and sites have their bugs you know... we'd better learn to find it funny haha :-)

• I believe there was problems with the notification system earlier today but it seems okay now - Mine is fine.

• All that is happening because I played this card on you!

www.mypokecard.com/.../kx6B6hkWnqtT.jpg

• Yes , same thing is happening with me, when someone upvotes and or
    comments back to me i get 2 notifications so your not alone..

• Ahh nice, glad as hell I'm not the only one it's happening to, @justbanANNAz

So many wonderful changes, GaG. They totally aren't trying to "fix" an unbroken system or anything.

They're as bad as YouTube. Thanks for drawing this to their attention, cause I thought maybe my thing and my thing alone had just lost it.

• i've had this happen to me a couple times already. its a pain to try and clear it too. Just doesn't go away -_-

• I've gotten several over the past few days GAG is really fudging up at times lol. Sometimes it runs so slow and I just wanna throw my laptop out in the yard AGHHHHHH!!! GAG WHY ARE YOU FUDGING UP SO MUCH!!!

• Yep I usually spam honey as much as possible XD

• I also think we should stop receiving notifications when we receive an up vote from the Asker. Notifications should only be for mentions and responses.

• 4 ghost notifications! ? Miss popular! I've only gotten 2.

• It ain't just you, I ignore them now lol

• It's difficult! Took me awhile to find the one inhad earlier

• Hasn't happened to me but then again you get a lot of notifications, maybe that is it?

• 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂LMFAO ghostbusters, who u r gonna call? 😛

• they give notification now if you get upvoted by the asker, I don't like it

• I think GaG needs to fix us both first before anything else ma banana 😘

• Yes I agree.

• Aliens. It has to be aliens.

• Never happened to me

• I like the new system -.-

• Haha I can relate to that!! Happened to me too

• You'll get used to it, Because we all do. And games bring a lot of fun. Enjoy the hide and seek, Soon it will disappear and bcome a bittersweet memory.

• Too long didn't read.

What Girls Said 12

• So many users seem to be having this issue lately. I understand the frustration. Lol When it happens, feel free to shoot me a message so I can report it and get it fixed :)

• Happens to me everyday. It's happening right now as well >< It's like the most annoying thing ever, hate it so so much.

• It happens to me EVERY SINGLE DAY like wth man -.-

I'm like a dog chasing after it's own tail which is impossible lmao I clicked through every freaking bar - notification, opinion, comment, mention yet still cannot get rid of that bubble. I hate it sooo much ughh ><

• yeah me too!

bro i just gave up eventually. i had a mention notification sitting there for an hour until it decided to reveal where it was coming from -.-

• I chased it for like three hours omg im just so lifeless lol

Until I managed to find out that someone mentioned me -.-

• LOL ur not the only one. others have confessed to doing that :P

• You need to use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page and report the issue. Asking a question is less likely to see a change.

I personally haven't had any problems with the notifications.

• YES !!! you are not alone sista!! lol.. this has happened to me like 4 times.. i checked all the noties. but still.. that orange balloon stays there.. and it messes with my head...

• i swear, i just got rid of 4, now another one pops out of nowhere.

• oh sorry! lol i must have missed them all =/

• lol.. that's fine.. i hope they see these questions and do something about it

• Yes, I've gotten a few of those myself! I'm not sure if those notifications are remnants of old comments and such or if I'm actually missing new notifications, haha. Makes me wonder.

• i know, gotta be bloody sherlock to figure out what's happening. -.-

• Right? Lately, I'm just hoping I'm not missing anything because I don't feel like searching, haha.

• Yes! It's driving me insane (and I was pretty borderline to begin with)

Sidenote, I don't like the notifications for asker upvote. It just makes me open the question again to clear it when I know there's no new comment.

• I have one orange notification that doesn't really exist too! O. o

• Yeah, it happened to me too.

• I thought i was going crazy and I thought i was only one experiencing this

• hell no haha! we were all haunted by GaG ghosts
      hopefully ur not still experiencing it!

• I haven't been around much but every time I come by it happens.

• Omg, that happened to me too an hour ago.
    GaG is haunted! :D