Do you ever upvote someone to balance out the downvotes?

If you see someone who got downvoted, and you don't quite understand why, would you upvote them to balance out their upvotes/downvotes so that they equal?

• I do it.
  • I don't do it.
  • (This that "other" or "I don't know" choice)
  • (This the obligatory silly choice without relevance to the question at all)

Most Helpful Girl

• I've done it a few times, kind of. Mostly because I do agree or like what the user said, but if I see like 3 female up votes, 4 male up votes... and then 4 down on the other side, I'll up vote if I agree with it or think it's funny.

Sometimes a user post silly things for a laugh and get down votes. If they got a giggle out of me, they get my up vote. It helps balance. But if I don't agree with it, then no, I don't up vote.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think I need any introduction ;) lol

Honestly, I never voted if I didn't mean it. No matter how many up/downvotes it has, if the opinion is good, I'll upvote it and vice-versa.

Sometimes, I use it to boost the morale of a lost person. If a person just tried to be honest and a lot of bigots disagreed with him/her, I'll upvote them. At least they were honest and literally tried to submit an helpful post.

Sometimes, I upvote some opinions in my questions in which a male gager downvotes specific type of opinions who hold similar views. I do it because I don't want to sound dumb who hates the people who hold different faith, views, beliefs. And some people might get offended by the asker even if that vote is not mine. So, by doing so, I'd show that it wasn't me. This is not usual thing. Like 1 in every 7 questions.
    Usually, I upvote the opinions (in my questions) to mark as potential MHO so that when I'll check them again in after 2-3 weeks, I don't have to waste time scrutinizing 30-50 opinions.

Up/Downvotes don't matter tbh. No matter how many votes I'll receive, I'll stay the same person I was. It doesn't impact my health nor influence my cognition. If I got so many upvotes, it'll give me contentment and if I got so many downvotes, it'll mean that my opinion was so influential and pushed a lot of people to get out of their comfort (literally, insanity) zone. Or they maybe jealous and if people aren't jealous then it means I'm doing it wrong.

But the thing is, not everybody take and interpret it as the way I do. Some take it too seriously and get upset.

Voting is an art in itself. This is democracy :)

What Girls Said 18

• LOL I've done it esp if another says they've accidentally downvoted.

• Yeah, sometimes I do. If I have the power, then I will use it. I don't know why, but I just do just cause I can.

• Downvotes and upvotes don't really matter, as long as the person who downvoted the opinion doesn't start shit just because they don't agree with what the other person said.

• up vote me or down vote me!!! I DO NOT CARE..
    i don't know why people make it a big deal about it!! haha
    www.rottenecards.com/.../...3514467_twd8thrb4g.png

• and nope, i dont upvote many people nor downvote them... because i am not here for that...

• Uh no, that would be very dumb.

• I actually do it lol.. I don't like things to be 0-1, ocd kicking in -.-

• For me, it's not about being equal I just don't like odd numbers except for 5 I have no idea why but I try not to focus on the numbers so much so that I don't have conflict with myself about disliking/liking the comment yet being really annoyed with the number cuz I know I won't dislike something I really agree with or like something I really don't agree with.

• I have done it before, but only if I agree with what they have written. I will not up vote just because I see they have a lot of down votes, if I do not agree with what they said.

• Uhh, well this is awkward..

But on the question about best friends on gag, you said yours was missnowhere and two people downvoted you. I didn't understand why, so i upvoted so there was the same amount of upvotes as downvotes.

._.

• Yesssssssss

• Yes, I do. Lol. Even if the opinion owner disagreed with me o_o

• No, but I do tend to choose the "joke choice" on polls.

• laughing I done that once and left it like that

• I rarely give votes on opinions.

• That's pretty dumb to do in my opinion.

• kinda late but u appeared on my feed.
    I've done this lmaooo.

• I've actually done this

• Yes, I do it sometimes, only if I believe the person doesn't deserve that much down votes.

What Guys Said 9

• I do it sometimes. Sometimes the person doesn't mean wrong, or actually says something that made sense but was taken the wrong way, then I do upvote them, just so that they know their opinion was appreciated, at least by one person. I don't know if they care, but I do it.

• I try to upvote and downvote as I agree or disagree with remarks that is the way I view voting system - To do it for any other reason ruins integrity of system.

• Yep I have in the past

• I do, as long as I agree with them.

• lol no... that would be really dumb, why would anyone do that?

• nope, they deserved their downvotes, why should I make them feel better?

• if the person is chill and the down vote was unjust yea i do

• ehm no, I don't see why I should do that. everyone is allowed to have their own opinion.

• I have done it before. Felt so bad for the little girl/guy.