Did you think some GAGers are in competition?

I have noticed that number of people here are in a competition where they want to become famous aka GAG CELEBRITY.

• Yes - it exists
  • NO - it does not

Most Helpful Girl

• LOL who wants to be GAGER FAMOUS hahah!!!
    i don't want to be mean or anything like that!!!
    but the famous Gagers are only famous because they are log in here 24/7 and yup. thats about it!! congrats for being famous but in the real life, it won't get you NO WHERE!! people won't ask for a picture with you...

• Could not agree with more.

• @hookingSwan i am being honest with everything i said.. i don't know why you are taking this too personal... its nothing but the truth.

• Not personal. Just thought it was too harsh

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• the amount of people here who obsess over xper, status, popularity and the rest of it it very very few.
    most users here r extremely chill which is one thing i love most bout the site. anyone deemed 'popular', if you notice, has just drawn others to them with their personality and also how active they are. i've said it before, ur activity on the site determines how well known u r.

we try to spread love here. anyone who thinks they have to compete for anything here is putting a burden on no one but themselves.

• No. Some people naturally get more attention and more popularity than others. It happens everywhere in life. I don't think anyone is actively trying to become popular.

• Perhaps perhaps, but I don't think the majority are like that, most people here are pretty chill and don't care about popularity.

• There are definitely people who want to be famous on here. I personally don't care. I'm not here to be famous. I'm here to give and receive advice.

• that i

• Glad we are on the same page, haha. I love helping people. When I do help them out it really makes my day. :)

• Wow it is same here :)

• unfortunately i think that competition is everywhere
    http://cdn.meme.am/instances/54271714.jpg

• GaG celebrity lmao this website.

• I haven't really noticed that, maybe a couple of attention whores but most of the people who visit regularly don't seem to care about that sort of thing too much, have I missed something? lol

• This thing is happening regulars lol

• oh ok, I could see that then but there are a decent amount of arrogant people on here, in general.

• Exactly :)

• the ones trying to debate and drop comments in other people's thread

• Good point, i saw random people commenting random opinions. like too much

• Yes no bodies trying to fight with another ghost.

• I'm guessing some of them are but most don't care.

• i don't think people think about that.
    i know that i don't.

• Good to know you ain't

• I used to be in a gag competition. Not anymore.
    Once I get more xper, I will.

• lol and can you please tell us what is the price?

• Yea, GaG's become a popularity contest.

What Guys Said 19

• fucking high school all over again for these bitches xD

• Yeah, I think some people are like that for whatever reason. I feel like most of the people just happen to be on GAG a lot and people naturally recognize them over time. Or if they give good advice, people start to take notice of them for their advice and such.

It exists to an extent, but for the most part I don't think people are trying to be popular.

• You are right. but they are only few

• I would consider myself fairly popular on GAG, and the only things it's brought me is a deep, deep sense of regret and self-loathing after it was all said and done.

• I could give a rats ass about being famous on here.

Also the gag celebrity is more of a term for people on here who are just well known.

• Yeah, I've seen that. There has been questions of people asking how to become more popular.

• have you ever seen someone competing with another

• Competing directly with each other, no. I haven't seen that.

• To a degree - I don't think it is intentional but some would be very precious about their status as being among GaG's most XYZ users.

• There's competition everywhere.

• I think that they don't really want to be famous but it just happens unintentionally.

• Most of us do want to be famous on here but don't really show it and instead just keep grinding by being meaningfully active on here.

• Nah, not most of us, at least not me. i was wondering what does being famous her offers?

• I mean it does feel nice when everyone knows your name and people refer to you on random instances.

• It feels nice for few minutes but still it's not something valuable

• I want to be famous but internet famous is worthless unless you're pop culture famous, and even that only lasts for a few weeks usually. I've got things in the works with people you wouldn't imagine to move to levels you can't understand. I'll never be at the forefront but believe me, you'll see me out and about sometime and say to yourself "Isn't that [gommers]? No shit, why would he be here?"

• Good thing I'm one of the nerds then yeah?

• Nah, i don't think you are in a comp..

• you joking right? i see you around but you give good opinions.

• pffffffftttt lieeeeeeeeeesssss

• How bout idgaf? It's just a blog site. I mean GJ for being a famous/infamous nobody!!! ;p

• It would be very naive to think being a frequent user is the same as being a celebrity 😕😕😕

• lol that is what they call GAG Celeb.

• Yes it definitely exists

• I'm gonna say no.

• But GaG fame is like... less than nothing

• Popularity? On this site? That would literally mean nothing.

• looooooolol.. if so, good luck to them. they clearly have no friends/family..

• Sure there are who don't have social lives especially those 2 girls having age 18 and 21

• 24/7 gagers lol, but who are those 2 ?