Why do GAGers get treated differently because of looks?

I've noticed this more and more. No one cares as long as you're not one of the attractive girls here, or if you're a guru/master. I think I'll stop going on here, it's all about looks anyway. People are nice to the ones who have good looks, something they just have for free. Looks aren't everything. A pretty face can be nice to look at, but don't other things count such as intelligence, humour & other thoughts? And all those silly beauty contest games... so tired.

Why is everyone so shallow? I'm not one of the hot girls. No one pays attention to my opinions, just because they are'nt attracted to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not just GAG but you'll find it in almost every aspect of life. Being beautiful will make you attractive and being attractive will get you attention. Not everyone is like that tho but a majority of people will certainly do this. You'll have to deal with it.

This is a community where people aren't just here to give and get help. People want to indulge in the community and want some good conversations. The race is easier for beautiful people. BUT, you need to realise that beauty isn't everything. Girls like StacyZee and Ozanne never showed their pics but still they're very popular here. Why? Because they DO beautiful things. Ingenuity is the key for you.

The people who will ignore you and go for that popular hot girl who gets tons of MHO and dozens of followers just because she is alluring, are ass kissers who just dream to get laid somehow because they're losers in real life. So, in that case, it is better for you that these losers are filtered automatically ;)

Good luck :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Gag contains a Fragment of the real world. Occasionally, it does reflect the real world. That being said, welcome to the real world. And welcome to the losers Club. I'll be your sister here.

What Guys Said 13

• is it much different than the world at large? it is a scientifically proven fact that attractive people generally receive better treatment than those people deem to be less attractive

why do people do this? not sure really but it's not a surprise that it happens. maybe people think if they are nice either the attractive person will be their friend (and they feel more attractive by associate) OR they think being nice will cater favor for something else

• I'm sorry people are like that to you but i treat everyone the same
    no matter what they look like , look at me I'm not the best looking guy
    i get turned down by people and yes people do pay more attention
    to more attractive people they are all in their own little clique
    but this stuff happens on all sites not only this site I'm friendly
    to everyone on here and i get the back door shut in my face so
    i know it's not easy --Hugs--

• I'm friendly with everyone as long as they don't offend me or disrespect me in a way. I never cared about how people look here because you don;t even know for sure that they are who they say they are, but I do give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. In any case, just be friendly and people will treat you the same way; for the most part any how. Good luck.

• d00d its not just GaG, that's reality man. although I will say not everyone is like this.

• I must say I haven't noticed - I find that so few people put their profile pic up that I don't really notice any trends - I think everyone develops their own style on the site and what suits them best for their enjoyment of the site.

• Well, you can try pm me. I like plain Jaines. I am not interested in the hot ones or the stunning type. I maybe superstitious but I believe they are not who they are. A person who looks attractive might be the biggest jerk or a famme fatale or just a faker.

• No.. everyone on GaG hates meh cuz im Asian boi. Asian boi finish last.. but we can finish last together anon cutie. Whaddya' say? :3

• That's the same question I would really like to know myself, but it comes down too ignoranceand snobby people on here. I get treated like this all the time.

• Attractive people are more successful in general.. things come easier to them

Just one of the many flaws in human nature

• Lies, I pay attention to @teawrecks...

• Welcome... to life!

• I answer as many questions as I can, looks have nothing to do with it. .. .

Sounds to me you are a bit self conscious, just keep giving advice and asking questions...

• they aren't. they get treated according to how often they frequent the site.

What Girls Said 10

• I've been on GAG for a long time, but I haven't experienced this. Maybe your opinions are insufficient or maybe it doesn't help that person. Giving out answers that are just a few words or so doesn't get noticed, and a useless paragraph about one small thing won't get noticed either. Some opinions are ignored and some are not.

It does sometimes seem like a popularity contest, I agree, because once a girl was asking how she looked, and she looked very attractive, which attracted many males and females.

• many people are popular here who don't even have real profile pics.. so.. i don;t think this is true..

• I see a lot of gagers on here getting plenty of attention and being popular although they don't even have a picture of themselves though..

• Lots of people who never post pictures are very popular here. Are you posting anon a lot? Could it be that some of those attractive gagers also have wit and intellect and you're just judging them by appearances too?

• You might be living under a rock or inside a shell, because that's how the whole world works. Status and attractiveness will always get you further in life.
    I know it's unfair. But it is how it is. So try to be the one who gets further, and not the one who gets butthurt.

• i've never noticed anything like that and i've never posted a pic of my face on here

• I think its not only on GaG but in real life too.

• Because we're a bunch of light-headed fuckers, that's why.

Seriously though, I've noticed this too. It's like ugly people are not worthy of anyone's time.

• That happens in all aspects of life not just on gag. It really sucks right?

• That's not true... Not that attractive eaither but usually get responses. Maybe your opinions aren't helpful or something. I'm sure it's not your looks.