Isn't GAG's advertisements too over-the-top now?

I'm above 8,500 Xper, so it's been quite a long time since I have had to deal with ads, but when I did, the ads were not NEARLY as bad. I just logged off to see how bad the ads are and I was like, "This is fucking obnoxious."

It's one thing to have banner ads, which we had when I wasn't Level 7, but nowadays, you GAG folks have all these obnxious pop-ups too?

I feel bad for all of you under Level 7. GAG, this is unacceptable, coming from a guy who's Level 8 who doesn't have to deal with ads, so... I'm not just another plebeian whining about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes i dread logging in because it takes the site forever to load from all the ads. Also, I'm on my phone and half the time it automatically brings me to the apps page to download some random app.

• The automatically bringing me to the App Store is the most annoying thing with ads nowadays lol

Most Helpful Guy

• The ads are getting a bit intrusive... although they've calmed down for me. The pop up stuff was so damn irritating!

It was nuts being a 50,000+ XPer user and still dealing with popups.

• I know this site is a business and they need to keep the website funded, but pop up ads were too much. Keep it to banners, please. @GirlsAskGuys

What Girls Said 9

• gosh I'm taking my guru status for granted then lol... i had no idea it was that bad for others.

really needs to stop =/ it's not fair on others.

• I'm starting to see adds while signed in and I have over 21,000 xper. So I'm not sure what's going on there. I find them annoying for sure!

• It's nbd on PC since you just click the x, but I haven't seen it on mobile yet which is where I assume it's more annoying.

• I dont know if it was just this once, but there was a "recommended sites" pop up when I logged on...
    That's kinda over the top

• GaG had obnoxious pop-ups when i first joined
    i guess since no one is donating, they are doing that again to maintain running this site

• Hey you guys, install adblock! It works like a charm and it's free.

• Level 7 and under. T^T

• I understand your frustration, however like other people already mentioned, site running costs money. They need to cover the costs to maintain the site, that's why there are so many adds.

• they really are...

What Guys Said 7

• I have my pop-up blockers disabled and...
    ahhh... free and easy ad free experience.

I mean.. G@G needs the advertisement revenue one way or another. Hell, I even disable the adblocker on YouTube channels I like to the content producers can get some dosh so meh , I'll play ball

• Why did they have to add obnoxious pop-up ads? Before there only used to be banner ads.

• Pop up blockers disabled or enabled?

• @YourFutureEx
      Eh?
      Disabled for GaG... well... not that it matters anyway.
      I'm a "Guru" *undeserving title
      Wouldn't mind seeing some ads to be honest if it helps the traffic.

• You know what? They just earn $24,730 annually and they'll have to pay gift cards too lol. They're poor, that's why they increased ads to pay the expenses and a lot of people use adblocker too.

• I was thinking of starting over on my account and it was the thought of being in the ad zone again for 5,000 pts that stopped me.

• Keeping GAG running costs money, no one will want to pay for this site so they have to have the ads.

• I guess they were not covering their costs to maintain this site.

• This site is free and that's where all the advertisements come from. Unless you want to pay 5 cents per question you ask instead of load of advertisements.

• They probably needed a larger server to maintain this site since so many people have signed up.

• If you had clicked the ads enough for GaG to make money they wouldn't have added a pop up.

• It's how they get their big bucks

• Can't blame them. They have to make money to maintain this site.

• Yeah, but like I said, before it was just banner ads, which in my opinion is fine. Why all the obnoxious pop-ups now.