To those who have used gag with and without profile pics: are you more cautious in posting stuff when you have your photo on?

I recently had my pic up and I found myself hiding under anonymous more often than if I just use the default image. I'm scared of posting something sexual and people would be free to judge me if I show my face. Not to mention people I know in real life who could also be here...

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• 1. My profile pic has been the same ever since I joined up barring once when I had put up my face pic for a few minutes
    2. However, face or not my opinions remain the same cause face or no face I wear my attitude at all times unabashed :D
    3. For those who know my profile out here know that my attitude and words remain the same even in places where I go by my real name and email :)

• I'm in an in-between, because I don't use a self-portrait in my avatar yet I always have a photo of myself on my profile as the "Cover Art" photo.

I'm very much uninhibited here. I post with absolute freedom and I don't censor my thoughts much at all. Otherwise, why be on this site, right? That would just be robbing oneself of the full experience here.

On sites such as Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, even Twitter and Instagram, you very well can be linked with people that you know in real life. Which I know is where your concern lies.

----

But on GaG? This site is independent of the other profiles. Yes u can "like" or "follow" the GirlsAskGuys page, but that has no link to your profile here whatsoever.

So don't worry! ;-)

• I have always had my profile pic - Anytime I use anon is to stay out of public view (Getting too much attention) rather than to hide my identity, I have only used it 25 times in over 30,000 opinions - Early on I decided to be open and honest on here.

• all the shit I posted so far is hidden so its all good.

• I had a profile picture since i started on this site back in January, but i took it down a couple weeks ago (Obvious reasons).

But, i still talk to people the same i guess.

• True anonymity isn't it

• I would stick with the default photo for that last reason tbh

What Girls Said 7

• Not at all. I always have a pic of myself up, and I still post 100% honestly, even if it's something I wouldn't tell someone I know in real life.
    The chances that someone I know in real life finds me on here are slim to none, and that's exactly why I never give out my FB/Instagram.

• I can't say I'm more cautious per say when I have my own profile photo up because in general I don't post things online that I wouldn't feel comfortable with people knowing in real life. Okay maybe one or two questions I've asked in the past (so I go anon) but for my answers I don't really feel too scared.

• I don't give a fuck what others think.. I am what I am.. 😎

• I did not ever put up a real profile pic because I am afraid of how it would feel posting a bunch of sexual stuff and feeling that judgement. It gets weird enough as it is lol

• At first.. you'll get used to it though.

• I stand by everything I say & do on this site, so I don't feel the need to hide or protect my identity. Besides, I think it's more personal to have photos of yourself as profile pic/on your profile.

• Nope I'll say what I want to say, I don't give a crap about what anyone else thinks about me.