Is anyone on GAG actually from Antarctica or is it just an available location option?

I've noticed one user claiming to be from there but I'm pretty sure he's trolling.

Most Helpful Girl

• There used to be an option for North Korea years ago, and on the current list there's a bunch of uninhabited islands you can select as your country. I'm guessing the list comes from a generic list of geographic locations, so that's why Antarctica shows up. There are a few people who live on the research bases there, but likely none of them are on GAG.

• That's what I thought as well. I doubt anyone in Antarctica is using it.
      It makes sense that they just put every geographical location but some islands like you mentioned are uninhabited and I highly doubt someone from North Korea would have access to this site.

• I mean I suppose you could be bored enough if you lived on a research base there... but yeah I agree, I think it's a generic list.

Most Helpful Guy

• Highly doubt it. Antarctica appears too cold for human life. The only people over there are scientists and geologists whom are only staying temporarily.

What Girls Said 3

• No idea.
    I've never come across anyone on here from Antarctica.

• I don't know why thats even an option on any site tbh._. Its extremely unrealistic

• I'm not a widow, and i'm not from Antarctica, I just want to be secretive :P

What Guys Said 4

• I am fairly sure it is uninhabitable unless it is someone in a research station enjoying downtime.

• I know @Cookies_AndMilk was living there before

• There was a gager from here but she deactivated

• I go there on holidays and funerals but I don't live there.