How does one become popular on GaG, to the point where most of the regular users know you and refer to you?

I'm level 8 on my account and have been a pretty regular user since early 2014. I am anonymous, because of course, if I was to post this under my name, I would be regarded as attention-seeking and shallow for asking this. I usually post under my name, so posts that people know are by me are circulated around the site, unless it's an awkward question or opinion, etc.

I see some people that are just very well-known here and people talk to them and/or refer to them in other questions and mentioned in other popularity/contest questions.

How does one get to that level? Is level 8 too premature to be expecting that kind of popularity? Because I think, now that I think about it, most of those people are gurus and masters.

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont believe being known around here has anything to do with how much people like u. if that were the case, i wouldn't be too well known lol. it has a lot to do with how active u r, the advice u give, and ur personality as a whole. how people receive u based on ur opinions, ur attitude, heck even ur damn profile picture, ultimately depends on how much they accept who u r.

all them 'popular' users started off somewhere, and i dont think it takes getting to guru status to be known.

• What she said or you can just be #Thirsty like me... ya know flirting with all of the #GAGirls LOLOLOL

• @YourFutureEx I got that info from you ^_^ + I noticed it about 3 days ago... yet never said it aloud on #GAG for some reason.

Most Helpful Guy

• Popularity is an illusion on this site - A lot depends on how active you are - How often you use anon - Who you are friends with - Those tagging questions are being answered by the same people all the time so it seems that the same 20/30 Gaggers are being mentioned all the time - They will be the first to tell you that outside their group they are as well known as most other Gaggers - On GaG people would give you advice on real life and say don't worry about popularity just be yourself, get to know people by showing people the real you not some pantomine 'Famous' GaG character.

What Girls Said 3

• I didn't know a lot of users were popular until someone pointed it out.

But it is not that big of a deal, really.

I tag those who I talk to every now and then.

Or those that I really find interesting. That's not because they are well known but because of the opinions they give.

Just interact with GaGers.
    Be more active and give helpful opinions.

• You should be more active and give good advice :)
    I have no idea, tbh if it'll work :D

• just post good questions.

What Guys Said 9

• sp.yimg.com/.../th

It's cool to be young enough to care about something small like this I guess. Shows you have no worries in the world. I miss that.

• Bitch slap some nuns or something.

• There are just too many people and too many who use anonymous. So I barely remember anyone.

• Dude, to be known you have to be known for ssomething. Wether it's your humor, genuine kindness, or a random saying you just have to be yourself.

• why would you want too?

it just gives you more reason to avoid you real life to emerge in a virtual fantasy

• Be an asshole. That's how they usually do it.

• We will eat you alive!

• be very active, ask and answer lots of questions, be helpful

• Not only that are there anomonous users that are "famous" for posting questions, like weird questions or troll questions or nasty questions, or just questions that you think are probably the same guy or girl?