Would anonymous PM be a bad or good idea?

Personally I think there are pros and cons to a feature like this...

What do you think?

• it would be abused
  • good idea to ask something to a person you think gives good advice in confidence

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh god no. That's a terrible idea. It'd get abused to the max. It's already bad enough how it is with all the creeps... that would just make it HELLAAA lot worse

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be creep city and used to abuse people

What Girls Said 14

• Very bad idea. I understand wanting to ask for advice from a specific person, while maintaining your anonymity, but honestly I think way more people would use it to harass each other. That would be a very easily abused feature.

• Oh that would define something that gets abused lol. Baddd idea.

• Bad idea, lol.

• Nope. Very bad idea. Anons sometimes abuse things like this and I think GaG would erupt into chaos if we had this feature.

• HUGE mistake.

+ 'in confidence' means both of you know who the other person is... So the anonymous messaging would serve no purpose for the good people.
    For the variety of abusers - heaven on Earth.

• that would NOT be a good idea at all since much more users would be harassed/bullied

• Nope, not a good idea, it will just allow creeps to send me even more weird, odd or just plain disgusting messages, about what ever particular fetish they have.

Why is it even needed?, I can understand why it is useful when giving opinions on certain topics, that anyone else can read, but for PM, nah, sorry.

• Lol all bad, all the time O_o

• Thats creeepy as fuck

• That's not really a good idea. Many people will abuse that feature 😳😶

• It would be just as if not more abused then the anon posting.

• Definitely would be a bad idea

• What need would there be for that?
    I think it's a BAD idea..

• Oh no I would hate that, of course it would be abused.

What Guys Said 8

• Personally, I don't think it'd make any difference because it's very easy to make a new account and earn 150 xper to reach lv2. And you can earn 100 xper by just connecting your Facebook and Google accounts.

With the new account, you're absolutely anonymous for individuals because who knows who the person is behind that xyz username.

This anonymous messaging will increase the harassment but you can always allow from the people you follow and then you can have an idea that the guy who sent you message is one of the people YOU are following.

You're right, it has pros and cons. But cons side is heavier and people aren't remotely interested in this feature.

• I wouldn't appreciate a PM from an anonymous user, if you want my help/advice/etc. you should at least let me know who you are.

• Well good people would use it and make it an incredible feature , but the majority are just ***** and the women on this site will scream of abuse :)

• Bad bad bad idea. It would only be abused. Even in the case where it wouldn't be... I still don't see the use for it

• I think it would be abused all the damn time.

• I think it is a good idea. I never abuse the person even if I know him or her in real life. I would get uncomfortable seeing them but I will not let them know who I am.

• It'll be like Kim K's pussy, used and abused. Nope.

• It'd be troll heaven.