What do you think about people who upvote every opinion in their question?

So there are some people here who ask questions, and then upvote all the opinions they got unless the person was rude or said something they stronly disagree with. I won't mention names but you know who you are. I mean, what's the point of doing that? I doesn't make sense, they're not being "polite" by upvoting everyone because now people know they only got upvote because everyone gets upvoted and it's an insult to people who actually give good advice. So please, stop.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well first of all, you shouldn't tell them to stop. You can ask them why do they do so but if you try to make them to leave their comfort zone, they'll retaliate.

Second, I guess you already got the answer that they do it to bid their thanks.

Thirdly, I kinda agree with you but you know what, nobody cares. We should keep these things to ourselves. Personally, I upvote the people whom I think I'll give MHO in future. I get 20-40 opinions so, after three weeks, I'd not need to scrutinise every opinion. The upvoted opinion are easily visible. And sometimes I upvote some opinions where someone (who holds unique opinion) gets a single downvote from guy to show that it wasn't me who downvoted because they'd get offended and would find me bigot and cheap minded who doesn't accept different views (bit this doesn't happen too much) :)

Upvote = Unique opinion / Hilarious opinion / Creative opinion / Upset answerer / Potential MHO

No vote = Meh / okay / random / thanks for the input

Downvote = You suck / You're dick / Why do you even breath? / I'm doing this because that's all I can do as apparently I cannot remove this because this doesn't violate guidelines.

What Girls Said 14

• I do that with no shame. It's just a way to thank them for answering without wasting the time to comment on every single opinion. Plus, sometimes GAG fucks up and doesn't notify or put in the "new activity" box the new answers. That way I can see if I've really read all the answers, make sure I didn't miss anything. Chill.

• I guess your second reason is a valid one for doing this but the way you worded your answer sounds like it's not even your main reason for doing, so you should stop doing it too. Like I said, you aren't thanking them if you upvote every answer, even the shitty ones.

• @Xelebrum Me too, me too! ;o

• Yesss!! Don't stop!! Free xper!!

• They can do whatever they want. Who are you to say no ಠ_ಠ

• Of course they can do whatever they want. If I decide to cheat on girls there's nothing wrong with that because i can also do whatever I want.

• That was a cheap shot. You know what I meant.

• what you said is pretty straightforward. i don't think it's possible to misinterpret ""they can do whatever they want", so yes i know what you meant. you know what i meant too.

• Don't take things so personally.
    The less you do that the less things like this will hurt you or make you feel disrespected.
    I think it's fine. It's their prerogative.

• Lmao why the fuck do you care so much

• I do it for anyone who has at least tried to answer the question, even if I find there view offensive. It's a way of thanking the person. I also personally comment on well written replies or at least try to.

So sorry, but I won't stop just because you don't like it, especially for an anonymous writer.

• They are the nicest people.

• don't you think it's a bit late for a 30 year old to not be married yet?

• Yes I know who I am but I don't know who you are mr Anonymous, so next time you demand that I stop doing something, then at least show your face lol

Anyway I do that when I asked questions, unless someone is rude. I appreciate both the answers I agree and disagree with as well because sometimes the ones I disagree with actually teach me something.

• Also no wonder you post Anonymously, I would want to hide that hideous personality as well.

• it would be tiresome to continue this conversation here. better in pm

• Just follow me then, I have the PM thing turned off on here.

• Because it's another way to acknowledge their answer. What's the big deal? Before GaG made the update to give pts for asker upvotes, you wouldn't have known who they gave from. So what was your argument then?

• I do it, people have made an effort to answer my question and I think they at least deserve an extra point for that. It would be rude not to, actually.

• well upvoting is for you think they gave a good answer. not to thank them for answering your question

• For me it is :)

• It gives everyone one xper point.

• does it really bother you? If the opinion is really good, they'll get MHO or more up votes than just from the asker.

• How is that your business?

• I think its a nice thing to do.

• Is this the black guy from the black people post? 😂😂😂😂

What Guys Said 13

• You're complaining about 1 xper point? In any case, the asker has every right to upvote whomever he/she chooses and who are you to decide what's actually a good advice and not? You know that if it was really a good advice, they often get MHO right? Not everyone can get MHO so I don't know or see why you're putting much thought into this when it's only really 1 Xper compare to how much you'll get with MHO.

• Its a thank you for your opinion and if they honestly like your opinion they will comment on it

• I don't mind that so much - It is just the asker acknowledging you answered the question - You have MHO to give for best answers. I know some people do it but it probably evens itself out because some will be choosy about how they upvote - In terms of Xper it doesn't mean a lot - If you get 10/15 points more so what. People get too caught up in getting credit for stuff here in reality it doesn't mean a lot, it is your own choice how you use site.

• well after reading some of the answers here i can kind of understand why some people do it. i would still prefer they stopped but it doesn't seem as bad as before

• I don't really care, I imagine it's just to let them know they appreciate you taking the time to answer their question. Unless it's a stupid answer, then I don't expect an up vote. But I just answer the question and move on ha. Then reply if they reply.

• that's the thing, they even upvote stupid answers. the only time they won't upvote is if the poster was rude to them

• Well i imagine everyone's different in the way they answer the people who commented on their questions, but even if it's stupid, I still don't care, I just give my honest opinion, love it/hate it, il answer what I think, then move on to the next, without paying attention to who gets votes, for good answers or not.

• Uh, me! I do that. ^.^

But I don't do it for their sake
    I do it because I like doing it.

I appreciate that they took the time to give their input
    and as someone else smentioned, if I find their input especially good
    I'll also reply to their post.

I know from myself, that replies makes me feel happy
    down or upvotes to me, simply means that someone
    recognized/read my comment. ^.^

The recent update from GaG is a bonus
    as it now also grants them an extra Xper point.

• It's not that serious dude.

• I get that, but being a man of logic and reason, I find it irksome when I see people doing things that dont make sense.

• I only do that when it comes to questions that ask things about them, like their favorite color or whatever. When I ask questions about certain situations I'm in and actually seek advice, I only respond to those who give me legitimate answers, even if I might not agree with them.

Why does it matter to you anyway?

• you can taste words? close your mouth then buddy. i don't swing that way.

• You clearly do not understand the joke. It has nothing to do with "swinging that way" whatsoever.

• They give me 1 xp every time they do it. so please, don't stop. >:-)
    s2.quickmeme.com/.../...9214ab2534c077452d4d0a.jpg

• It's fucking stupid.

• Well i used to only upvotes the ones I like, but since the new update i feel bad when i only like a few because now they can see which ones i upvote.

• it makes more sense to only like a few. it shows that you think they actually gave a decent answer. when you start upvoting everybody then the upvotes mean nothing

• To annoy people. lol

• and why does it bother you?

• Could just be trying to be nice maybe? I dunno