Why are there so many troll accounts now?

Pretty much every time I scroll down the recent questions page, it's mostly filled with level 1 accounts asking troll/catfish-like questions. What's up with that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just ignore the troll questions and move on to the next question.

• I know how to ignore them but I'm just wondering why there is so much nowadays.

• Probably because of the recent possibility of creating anon profiles instead of real ones.

Most Helpful Guy

• Got nothing better to do with their lives I guess. I find them laughable, as they aren't good at being subtle, they get easily spotted.

What Girls Said 2

• People are bored

• a lot of people feed them

What Guys Said 3

• I actually stay away from the feeds but I could well believe it - One of the first things you have to learn on this site is patience to scroll through the rubbish to the good questions.

• Probably so many people or certain people that have too much time on their hands and have no interest to make the world more productive.

• Most trolls are anon like me :)

• Most trolls on this site are beginning to make fake accounts instead of going anon

• You get taken more seriously when you're not anon, and trolls love being taken seriously.

• Lol. Yeah maybe so.