How different do you think this site would be if users weren't allowed to post or comment anonymous? Have you ever posted anonymous?

Personally, I don't think people should be allowed to post/comment anonymously. All it does is encourage trolling.

I think if that function was removed the site would be overall more respectful and in particular there would be a lot fewer sexist, racist and otherwise offensive questions, takes and comments.

I've never posted anonymous.

• I've posted anonymous and think it's a good function
  • I've posted anonymous but I don't think it's a good function
  • I've never posted anonymous but I think it's a good function
  • I've never posted anonymous and I think it's a bad function
  • Other/Results

Most Helpful Guy

• I think being able to be anonymous is a good thing for a lot of people, imagine how people would feel about sexual, personal or even psychological issues and having to have it linked to them where anyone can take advantage of it. Where as being anonymous protects them, yes there is a lot of BS, but there is a report function, but I don't think it's fair, speaking from experience talking about my psychological issues, that we'd have to post it with something that can be used to link it back to us, and in some cases associate to us offline either

Most Helpful Girl

• i post anonymous when i post something personal. i once answered a question about my weight; anon. i once said how i was molested as a child; anon. i've put multiple times things about sex, because, yes, i've had sex, and, yes, i'm still a teen, and no, i don't want people judging me based on my age: so anon. (i know it says under 18 when i do anon, but it's better than doing my definitive age.) i like it just because i can give real answers without fear of people judging me.

and yes i put this on anon because i said i was molested and its not something i like to come right out an say non-anonymously

What Guys Said 19

• It would cut down on the B. S. but there are people that may have legitimate questions about sexuality or any very intimate details about themselves that they want the utmost privacy for and I don't think we should take that away from them to stop the trolls.

• I've asked some anonymous questions if it's something too personal that I need help with, but that's it. I never troll or anything.

I honestly doubt the site would change if they disabled that option, because they can just create a new account, use a default picture and then troll like they would do anonymously, because they're already anonymous.
    I've also asked myself this question cause I'm tired of the anonymous trolls and fakers, but in the end, I doubt things will change.

• It would be a lot better if no one was anonymous cause they get a little too cocky and think they can say whatever.

• I don't use the anonymous feature much but got to agree that it does create lot of
    problems and would think they need to make people to start paying in order to use it.

Doesn't make you wonder they have that group called "The Anonymous"
    then they allow it to go on these sites , i believe Anonymous should be banned
    from any Internet site , just think of how many unsafe people are behind them
    accounts it kind of makes you wonder how safe these sites are?

• How different do you think this site would be if users weren't allowed to post or comment anonymous?
    The activity would be dramatically less.
    Have you ever posted anonymous?
    Only for those anonymous games and to disavow and get rid of my questions for good.

• I think anon should be kept for the personal stuff.

• There are some subjects I post about strictly anonymous, mostly because that baggage doesn't need to get caught up with my other advice. I've had some experiences that I have learned from, and I can share my knowledge from, but don't need that crap tied to my other posts.

• I don't normally post anonymous, but I believe it's still a function that should be kept on this site despite the use for trolling purposes, however people still troll while unanonymous...

Anonymous option was to be used for asking questions or sharing opinions about personal things about yourself that you would use in a discussion. The only time I ever used anonymous was to ask a question about possible health issues that I may had, which I wasn't comfortable with sharing to anyone else.

• That would either kill the site cause we'd drop about 50% of users or be reborn into a new version of yahoo questions.
    I'd don't really ever go anon but I say keep it so others won't bounce at the loss of privacy

• Usage on this site would go way down!

• I disagree. I post anonymous comments when I don't want to attract negative attention to myself, but still want to make a point. This site doesn't bury comments and allows people to state their opinions while keeping their privacy, and that's a good thing.

• I think it is ok, you would probably have less trolls without it, but sometimes when I have a really weird question I like to go anonymous

• But if you think about it, aren't we all anonymous?

• Well I only recently started posting off anon.
    I still ask most of my questions on anon though for privacy reasons

• Half the time I enjoy reading the troll questions. Especially woman who tell a long son story about cheating but decide to describe the guys junk and orgasm. Then I just laugh, oh I'm being trolled

• I think anon post are good but anon comments aren't because 90% of the time they are mean, i don't mind it when girls protect themselves from the perverts though i just hate when the trolls comment something that will hurt someone

• Lol this site is like a cross over of 4chan and tumblr... gag is the in between

• eh my account is already anonymous enough...

• It is very useful but also gives freedom to trolls.

What Girls Said 7

• I've only posted anonymously a couple things. My first post anonymous because I didn't know what I was getting into on this s site. Lol. The second post was anonymous because it was my choice. I understand that it will encourage trolling, but people with usernames can still be trolls. Also, people should feel protected if they are seeking advice from people on this site who don't know them personally. There are some things that people shouldn't feel ashamed to speak about, so that's why I like the option to post anonymously.

• I've posted anonymous and I don't see why it's that big a deal. Yes, there are anonymous trolls, but a lot of trolls don't go anonymous. I think the site would definitely have less people on it.

• I've posted anonymous a few times and I do that to avoid getting hate and judged but I don't post anonymously to often unless I need to

• Less trolls is my guess

• I rarely use the anon option. I also think it gets way overused.

• I like the anonymous feature :-) I think its useful

• Almost everyone wouldn't answer questions