Who's willing to admit that they blatantly play favorites on GaG?

I know there's those who don't (me included) . The reason why I ask is because in my opinion I believe that "guru's" "masters" "mods" are often over-credited (and treated like they're always right too) because of their status . Its not only them I think some users answers and upvotes have very very little to do with the actual comment/question they posted and more to do with favoritism. For example, a favorite on here can serial troll and recieve no backlash no matter what but a unpopular person can't do that. (don't try to blame it on the person who can't get away with that because they're anon and afraid because there's people who did it, weren't anon and still got backlash).

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, "Guru," "Master" and "Mod" status just means that you spent more time than people who don't have this status on this website and answered/asked more questions than them. So basically, anybody can get it if they have the time.

What makes me respect you, however, is if your answer has quality more than just a quantity. If you are a GaGer who respects others and willing to help everybody or have inspiring answers, then yes, I will tip my hat to you.

Plus, I don't think I noticed people favoring gurus, mod or masters, but well...

Most Helpful Guy

• I find it is a case of perception - I really try to stay out of it as much as possible but there seems to be an awful lot personality clashes on here - A mod/guru/master tends to be very active so it can give illusion of being "Popular" through people knowing you and tagging but in all honesty it is just sheer volume of my opinions that gets me noticed - As regards favourtism I am a very active master and I fully expect that if I cross a line my post will get removed or get downvoted - Believe me I don't feel anyway special/precious - In fact I have a history of saying we should ditch the labels, everyone should be seen as equal - No labels apart from admin staff ( I know we need age for some questions and I also have doubts about MHO percentage )

• I see people on here everyday who are active and aren't favored or have any status. In the past , GaG made it easier to become a "guru" or "master" but they upped the stakes and now its impossible to become one unless you are on here answering and posting from sun up to sun down

What Girls Said 3

• i never play favourites by status. *whispers* they dont make a huge difference to me to be honest.

my favourites are based on who they are as people.

• I don't favorite people on here nor feel like anyone favors me. I really try to help people on here and actually spend quite some time typing out answers most of the time (depending on the type of question of course). I'm sure there are some favorites on here but I don't get involved in any of that.

• yep, they are. that's why they have those titles.

What Guys Said 3

• There will always be certain people
    who'll become somewhat of a "fan favorite"
    to other people on a site as this.

Most such cases originates from the person
    actually being helpful in some way.

I'll can understand your point, but they're
    typically acting within the guidelines.

Personally, my only favourite
    .. Is myself.

Though there are people u find somewhat amusing, I don't treat them any differently than I would you, or even myself.

• well, its not the statuses I favor, its how you treat me and how your attitude is. If you have a good attitude and treat others as human beings then I'll get along ok. But, if you try to argue disrespectfully, call me ignorant, or attack others then we have a problem.

• Nah, I screw with everyone. You're all young, you'll get over it.