Are there any mature men in my age group?

The "men" in the 18-24 age group are basically big kids. All of them I know still act like 7th/8th graders. I mean look at any guy in college, it's ridiculous.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, there are.

A very small percentage but guys in this age group (and even older), are usually not mature. Ever. Then again, maturity doesn't have much to do with age anyway.

What Guys Said 17

• Your generation is much different than mine, and even moreso than your grandparents. Since our grandparents lived in a war-time or post-war era, they had to fight for everything, ration everything and act responsibly from a very young age to survive.

Such conditions do not exist for you or me while growing up. We do not grow up starving. Resources are plentiful, and even the poor in our country have a better life than our grandparents growing up.

That said, providing everything to children isn't necessarily a good thing. It does not create an early sense of responsibility and you are correct - there are waaaay too many 20-30 year olds today who are living with mommy and daddy, playing Xbox all day with no job. Or still watch cartoon ponies at 30+ years old.

The "men" you're looking for are rare amonst the bunch. You're not going to find them at any crappy college or university. You're more likely to find them at top ranking schools in specific areas of study such as law, engineering and many of the "blander" subjects.

• I will second this excellent comment.

• Yeah back those days when real men fought in wars and had a job and women stayed at home. They were the good ole days

• Well, you don't exactly act very mature when you criticize us without showing your face ;)

• "Be mature." = "Do what I say."

• That's your problem: you're looking at college kids.

People who go to college are often more mature than their non-college counterparts by the time of middle age, but people who go straight into the real world have to mature fast. Most kids see college as a party instead of work, which is why people who come back to college after working do so much better.

Also, if your goal is "I want to meet guys", you are probably looking at places where the immature guys are. Those of us who were serious didn't spend much time at bars or parties. If you want to meet serious guys, you'll find them in the hard classes for skill jobs.

• You're wrong.

Young College students are far more mature than young people who don't go to college on average. They don't have to "mature" faster, the biggest "partiers" I know never stepped foot on a college campus. Besides, if anyone is immature in college, they will more than likely be immature in their middle ages.

Oh, and people who work and than choose to go to college almost always do worse in school (ask ANY professor.)

Basically, there is nothing accurate in this post whatsoever.

• @Fibbett I won't date a guy unless he is in college or graduated from college. The reason why is because they are more mature than guys with no ambition, no goals, no job, or no time management or responsibility skills. Your answer makes no sense, I agree with Cincyredsfan. Why would an uneducated person be more mature than someone who has goals and ambition? The most mature people I know are in college.

• It's all about the person's character a person can be mature and immature at the same time

True to be told we are all immature in one way or an other

@fibbett @CincinnatiRedsfan

• where are you finding these guys? lol

i was mature enough in college and after =)

also you don't have to date someone that age if you dont want to, you can shoot for 30+ and be fine but. there are plenty of younger guys who are mature.. you just have to get to know them

• actually to add to that - there are lots of immature girls your age too, so it's kind of gender biased question

• Age has nothing to do with maturity one can be mature and immature

We are all both we all have our moments of immaturity

• I am, quite.

• Hi I'm a mature male between 18-24 years old.
    The real question is are you a mature female?
    I tend to go for older girls because most my age and younger are too immature.

• Maturity is a pretty arbitrary thing. Not to mention, people in their 20's aren't mature, anyway. Wasn't that long ago that you graduated from high school.

• I believe I'm quite mature, I can stay quiet, assist if needed, be patient, be understanding. I think I'm doing alright.

• I'm mature

• Yeah, I'm one of those guys and it's really paid off... I'm surprised my dick hasn't dried out. :P

• i'm one. maturity isn't age exclusive.

• im 24, and mature :P at least i think so :))

• Maybe mature guys at your age don't like/want you or you are not physically attracted to them.

• Sure, most of the non-attractive ones are!

• Then go for a man who is 25

• There are as few mature men that age and mature women.

What Girls Said 6

• The most mature man I ever dated was 19 at the time. The most immature man I ever dated was 26. Generally, a lot of 18-24 year olds will be childish but every now and then, a true diamond in the rough will come along with an old soul that just makes you feel warm inside. :)

• Maturity can happen at any age... or not at all. I know some younger guys that act more mature than some middle aged adults.

• You aren't going to the wrong places and true to be told we are all immature one way or an other
    it's not you nor places you go to we are all
    wife /husband material just not to everyone

• I'm sure there are plenty of them out there. You're just looking in the wrong places.

• This is the manchild epidemic, thanks to guys running away from their duties of being fathers & mentors, the break down of the family structure & gender roles, religion & morals being kicked out of society, & the public acceptance of slackers.

• Not many of them.