Why was my French post/question deleted but my Russian one wasnt?

Is there a favoritism of languages going on? Just wondering because my Russian question wasn't deleted but my French one was... Also, do you think that there should be a section such as Society& Culture where you can post in a different language that way GAG doesn't have to keep making different versions of this site?

• I think GAG should have one site for everyone where you choose your language and the site can in fact be translated into my language so I can post in my language
  • I think GAG should have a section ( such as Society&Culture or maybe a foreign language exchance section) where we can post questions in different languages
  • Its fine the way it is, too much of a hassle if other languages are involved...
  • other...

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I would prefer it to be all English but I'm pretty sure they changed the rules so now people can comment in different languages, not sure about questions/mytakes. A mod likely removed it but it may be returned, which is why only one went. There is a Russian version of GAG so you should use that one. You could also use Google translate for similar purposes.

What Guys Said 11

• I think a foreign language section would be optimal since translation will not work accurately due to spelling errors and use of slang.

Я не знаю почему у тебя удалили вопрос на-русском языке a на французском нет. Они должны удаляет все вопросы которые не на английском языке это часть их них правил.

The above was in Russian. I wrote:
    I do not know why your question in Russian was deleted but the French was not. They are supposed to delete all questions which are not in English as part of their rules.

Grammar – If your post has so many abbreviations or spelling/grammar mistakes, or it's all in CAPS, it will be removed. Also, please remember to post only in English.

• Well that's Gag and the Admins for you as weird, biased and liberal as ever.

• The French post surrendered.

• It is the look of the draw whether admin see post and remove it. The reason behind it is quite simple for policing purposes the only language all admins are fluent in is English. I could write a post in irish and admin wouldn't understand it, if they left it, what is to stop me writing " I hate blanks, all blanks should be tortured and shot".

• Don't start a revolution because of it...

• A sounds awesome yeah they are racist I hate GAG admins.

• Too much power :/

• Wow then we should be best friends XD

• We should be yes

• Might be more interesting if there was a special section for languages other than English but that would be much tougher for the owners and admins to deal with. This site might not be ready for that.

• Yeah, they would need admins and mods that spoke the language fluently.

• I dont know i've done some comments in Spanish and German before and they went ok

• The website admin doesn't like french girls, questions anything relating to that i suppose😂

• isn't there GaG, websites that are in different languages? like girlsaskguys. it or. es or. something...

i think i remember hearing about a turkish gag or something

• There's already a Spanish and Portuguese version of Gag. Maybe there should be more versions for different languages.

What Girls Said 5

• Questions written in languages other than English are deleted under the "nonsense" reporting option. This site is an English site. And other languages are considered Nonsense for this purpose.

Your Spanish one was most likely not caught by admin if it remained.

• I didn't ask a Spanish question... it was in Russian :) anyway, why dont the admins just leave the questions alone unless of course they are so creepy that they absolutely NEED to be deleted? I mean really this site changes all the time why can't they just put a foreign language section on here? or just let people ask questions in different languages on here? I mean wouldn't it be easier than creating different sites for different countries/languages? And if could bring everyone from everywhere together... Just my thoughts...

• You will have to check with Admin on that one.

• which ones? I don't know who to go to anymore?

• If your question was inappropriate then that is why. More people here speak French than Russian. If it was due to the language than je ne sais pas.

• It wasn't, Im not the one to troll or anything and my French and Russian questions where the exact same, just one was Russian the other French

• Right but tons of more people here speak French but not Russian. The French got flagged because a mod that spoke French flagged it. Biut if no mods understand Russian then yeah it is more likely to get by.

• They both just got deleted...

• People only flag what they see. So if a mod saw your Russian question and not the French one only one of them would have been flagged.

Asking questions in foreign languages isn't allowed according to the posting guidelines http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts

There are various sites for the different langues and I think it's better that way. What if the translation program was terrible and didn't work or say the things the person meant to communicate? It would be a big problem for the mods and admins.

• It all depends on the level of language knowledge from the employees here - so they can monitor it, and whether it's actually a lucrative idea.

• Probably because someone " an admin/mod" came across the French one... And no mods have came across your Russian one? ... And if they did, maybe the ones that came across your French one more strict than the ones that came across your Russian one... Because do no think there's favoritism... Hey just try to keep only English on this site.