Was GAG always this cliquey?

So many questions nowadays are just "tag your bitch" type questions...

They even get featured. . _ .

Is this site running out of questions?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• lol, it wasn't. only when the mention feature arrived did it take off. people still obviously had their favourites though and u could tell who was close to who.

but i dont ever believe this site will run out of questions =]

What Guys Said 12

• before tagging was even available those questions were running around, but not as much as they are today.

• If I'm right it's all about supply and demand and if we keep answering them... ___ will keep supplying dem bitches without fail, right? Eventually those questions will/would die out if they got like 3 replies a pop when asked ^_^. But we all know that's not going to happen.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a10203-gag-has-become-a-narcissist-have-the-popularity-contests-gone-out-of

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• I think it goes through phases - When I started I thought there was one particular clique doing an awful lot of tagging chasing from question to question, it died down then during summer came a wave of who is hottest gagger that died down that died down now it has started up again.
    Okay my view is that it is basically harmless, my only thing is that it creates an impression of popularity that is not real, everyone has their own niche on here and within that you are going to be "Popular" and outside that group relatively unknown. I don't like thought that some users especially younger ones buy into it and start equating activity/Xper points into "Popularity". I try to judge people on the quality of answers they give rather than if the user is popular or famous.
    I just give same answer " So many pretty users, I won't tag in case I leave someone out " - Take Xper thank you very much and head on my merry way.

• I have noticed it these 2-3 days.

• No, it's just a lot of people want to be rated and/or have others rated, and hear the opinions of others on their or others' looks. People also like to dole out their ratings and opinions on others' looks.

It's a very human thing to do, even though it's incredibly stupid.

• Featured questions you use Xper points to do so. Not done by the site. But yes people would rather answer the easier rate me or who is your GaG bff. Besides answering real question that go unanswered or with few opinions. How do you expect the asker to make an informed decision with just one opinion from a person?

• Yeah lol. long ago those type of questions always got deleted, but not anymore. :p

• Yes this site is meant for the community not help anymore...
    in my opinion, people should report those sort of questions

• Questions that involve tagging people, aren't such a bad thing. That enforces the community idea of GaG, and every community has its cliques.

• I ignore them unless I'm tagged

• sometimes yes but we feel like a close community

• Well I just found out about this site two days ago but I already got that feeling yeah :P

• Welcome to GAG, the home of penis/vagina and fetish questions.

People on here make you take Buzzfeed quizzes, and rate ass pictures.

Best of luck.

• Haha thanks! It's pretty amusing so far though :D

What Girls Said 8

• I'm just taking the tag questions in stride. They're just another trend. People will get bored of them eventually and switch to something else.

• Nah... I rarely see those types of questions anyways.
    I don't think it was - before certainly not. That's just something natural that happens when people get to know each other better in a community of any kind.

• I feel ya. I don't know many people on here cause I'm hardly ever online when most people are due to time zone differences. It can come across as cliquey but with that said I think there are still other questions around that can be answered. I don't have a issue finding new questions to answer that aren't related to tag questions.

• Very true :o

But eh, I kinda have to scroll a bit more than usual lol

• No it wasn't. We're just one big happy family nowadays. :)

• Ya I noticed that too. At first I'm happily tagging my friends, but know I'm like "they know who they are"

• no. during my first year of joining it was not this way.
    it's just another trend i'll ride the wave with.
    there's still plenty of actual questions to answer
    but they require a tiny bit more thinking, which some people might be too lazy to engage in

• yeah i really dont like those questions.

• "Is this site running out of questions?" It's not that it's running out of questions, it's that the really intriguing questions are censored and taken down for some reason.