What influences who you follow on G@G?

I've noticed that people on G@G tend to have more followers from the opposite gender. Do you follow people because you think they seem cute? Do you follow based on particular types of questions or answers? Do you think having a profile affects how many followers you get? Any other factors?

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest I follow anybody that follows me - Nothing scientific

What Girls Said 5

• I have been on GAG for nearly two years and counting, @electrollama, and in This time span, Most of my Followers/Followers have been People who have seen me, liked my advice, wanted to be with me And... Made no difference if it was guy or girl.
    They usually push a button First but I am always happy and honored to push One as well on my own end.
    Good luck. xx

• I follow my friends; people I've talked to quite a bit; people who seem cool; people who I like; people who's answers/questions I find interesting.

• most of my followers are male, yet they have never seen my actual picture
    i just think they like the content of my opinions
    i also have a tendency to help out more dudes than females
    could be another factor

i don't do follow backs

• I mostly only follow people that I've talked to for quite awhile, or the people that I find interesting/cool.

• Personally, I think many users follow those who are young and attractive. Some may be followed because of the first and bc theyve got personality. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure there are people who actually follow just based on responses and personality. I think it's hilarious claim they don't follow based on looks.

What Guys Said 6

• I have a personal rule for following. All of the people I am following are people I find interesting enough to view their content from time to time. In fact I quickly simmer through all of them once a day to see if they have posted a question or take and so I'll go and write on it most of the time. If not to voice my opinion then to just give them that one exp (dunno if you gain exp from an answer).

• I don't follow anyone. ;)

• I don't follow people, so no idea.

• User activity
    Their personality
    Interactions
    They're a cutiepie

• People who r funny. None other.

• When I joined, I followed some users randomly in order to have something that's not default.
    Now I follow some people based on questions and mostly based on opinions. Also older people with good MHO rate. I got a lot of things from that userbase.
    70-80% of people I follow don't even have an actual picture. I don't follow by looking at picture. It's pointless.