Is it normal to get creepy messages on this site?

I've gotten messages from 2 pervy guys this week asking for "help" and I don't know if this is normal here or what. I'm getting creeped out. Might give up on the site.

Most Helpful Guy

• Female? Check
    Young? Check
    Avatar with picture of (probably) herself? Check

Yes it's completely normal in that case (sad but true). And if you start posting on sexual topics you probably get a lot more messages.

Just ignore them or change your settings to "Allow only messages from people I follow"

Most Helpful Girl

• It happens, i've had guys message me dick pictures, one guy apparently asks women to cut his penis off too...

Go to "My Settings" and scroll down, at the bottom click "Allow messages only from people I follow" so that only people you follow can message you then, it makes this site way more tolerable lol

What Guys Said 22

• Yes sadly it is normal, don't give up on this site just set your private messages so only people you follow can message you.

• Hmmmm perhaps because i am an old ugly bear, but i never get creepy messages. So No not normal for me. That said, there does seem to be a fair share of creep on this site. I would just ignore it and look for the good if i was you.

• The younger girls get creepy messages alright - Report and block the guys - Also change your settings to only allow personal messages from people you follow - Should make things better for you.

• Unfortunately it happens, but try to report the users if you find a good reason in the list.
    Click on the little flag next to his or her user name, you'll see a list of reasons why you can report a user.
    You can also simply report the person for "PM'ing" (sending private messages) if these are unwanted and continue to come.
    By reporting instead of blocking, the admin team is aware.
    And if several people report the same user, the admins can consider taking action.
    I hope you'll be okay :D

• Oh, better start getting used to it hahaha don't give up on this site, just change your profile private so that only people you follow can message you. That way you'll stop gettinf creepy messages and you'll start to enjoy the site much more.

• I've never received them but I'm aware that many people have, principally girls. So, I recommend you to block the users who sent them.

• Yes it's very normal, about the only thing you can do is go into account settings and check mark "Allow messages only from people I follow", if you don't feel like doing that the only other option is to ignore the messages and block the person who sent the message.

• I think you can set your privacy level to receive messages only from followers.

• Yes, this site can have it's share of creepers , you need to report then block them
    I think the site needs a better way to stop the creeps and deleting your account is
    just giving into them ,

• Normal? Yes and no. Yes, because it tends to happen rather frequently. No, because sending creepy messages isn't normal, in general.

• Lol way more common then it should be lol.

• Yeah I have had problems with a few girl gagers... HA!

• Block any unwanted guy that messages you

• Oh you are a girl, welcome to the internet! ;)

• It's not really this site. It's just how the internet as a whole is. There are really sex starved people everywhere on the internet

• haha yes it is normal to get creepy messages however I clarify the guys who send such messages are not normal... turn your profile private and you'll be happy

• BAHAHAHA u funnay baby. U could disable pm and only let followers pm u

• Unfortunately, yes.

• For girls, yeah; for me, only out in the public space.

• I never got any message here. I suggest you to allow only your followers to message you & block those creeps. Also, I suggest you to take down your picture & use something else. Creeps might use your pic for fake profiles. It's internet :/

• I would think its normal because most guys on social media are normally pervs and try to message anyone they find hot. So probably.

• Oh, don't flatter yourself hunny

• I'm not. It happened before I ever even put a picture up so I know it's not because I'm attractive or anything.

What Girls Said 13

• Welcome to GAG, girly.

Nah these messages are everywhere, just change your messaging settings to private so then only people that you follow can message you (this can decrease the amount of creeps by a lot). This site is pree cool, try giving it few days time after you've changed your settings. (:

• I haven't been on here for a month and half, but before I got them quite regular, not really now yet. ... block them. .

• Noo don't give up on the site, just either ignore the messages and/or change your profile private. It's really common with creepy messages here, at first I was creeped out just like you but now I sometimes think it's entertaining how desperate&weird people can be😂

• Sadly yes it is normal since they love to creep.

• This is my third day here and guys have messaged me being pervs :/ . Sadly it's normal. Being a girl sucks

• Lol yeah, you'll get used to it, just ignore them

• Ignore works wonders. there's cool people here. Dont let a few creepers run you off.

• i used to all the time then i set my profile to private

• I LOVE your name and your pic! I'm a Harry Potter nut so I can't believe I didn't think of doing that!

• that's amazing. i need to get my hand on one!

• I'd give you my extra, but I have one for each tv and no way of finding you. I bet you could find one on Amazon though!

• Very "normal". When I get creepy messages often I tend to have to press that *block* button.

• It is unfortunately pretty common. The best way to prevent it is to only allow messages from users that you follow or to make your profile private. If you do not wish to do either of those, use the report and block options.

• Sad to say it's common. That's why I set my profile to private and changed my profile picture to not my face. You can always block them, too!
    But overall, there have been more nice people on here than creepy pervs.

• yup
    ///////

• happens all the time.