How do you feel about the attractive people on GaG?

Just about every person I've seen on here that has asked if they're ugly or if they could be rated is basically really beautiful. I have yet to see someone that I would consider ugly and then it got me thinking. Everybody in the world really is beautiful. As ugly as one person may to one they're extremely gorgeous to another. By default we're all ugly and we're all beautiful because of how subjective beauty is. I just like to focus on the latter of the two lol. What do you think about these obviously beautiful people asking for opinions on how they look? Do you think they get their validation from that and are just fishing for compliments, or do you think they genuinely have a concern and are look for honest answers?

Most Helpful Guy

• I tend to think all of the above - Even the seemingly most beautiful are insecure about their looks possibly more so especially if they feel their only currency is their looks - So validation and fishing for compliments seems like reasonable behaviour - Intermingled in all these is an underlying insecurity - Maybe a couple of hours of "You are beautiful" is balm to the soul plus there is also the negative comments they sometimes get, really why subject yourself to that unnecessarily unless you felt you needed it.

• Really good point you've made. I was thinking the same thing too, about maybe the most attractive people being the most insecure. If you think you're the stuff naturally you're probably not going to do much about your outward appearance, but if you don't like what you see you're constantly trying to improve. I guess hearing compliments would soothe whatever wounds they've inflicted on themselves.

• Thanks for MHG

• You're welcome :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like the people that express specific concerns about their appearance do want genuine opinions, whereas the ones that just say "rate me / Am I pretty?" only want attention. But I agree that beauty is subjective. There's definitely something good about everyone's appearance, no one is straight up ugly.

What Guys Said 16

• This will be a quote of mine from an old question that I asked on my old account.

"Hear me out, Before you guys decide to go full retard on me ^_^. Sit back and think about it for a moment "what does the RATING scale really do/accomplish?" besides "make AVERAGE looking girls, feel UGLY/unattractive" OR It gives a girl/boy an EGO BOOST. IMHO good looking people know damn well that they look good And even if they didn't KNOW before their "PEERS/STRANGERS" would have clue them in on it, right?

Now OFC there are some exceptions to that rule. But come on now. We all can smell their BS from a mile away when they choose to say "OMG I'm ugly, no boys like me etc" on "GAG" for example knowing damn well they're lying LOL.

I say that because if they're on GAG asking this question (GAG is not a really well-known site from what I know) then it's a good chance that they're on about 6 other popular social media sites. Saying the exact same thing to Get high rates, compliments and their EGO BOOSTED by thirsty dudes 24/7.

If someone is 17+ years old they should be able to differentiate between who's HOT and who's NOT right. Since, In today's world, we have the technology and when coupled with the thousands of people that they've seen in their lifetime. They should be able to tell where they sit on the stupid "RATING SCALE" without having to ask random stranger over the web, do you agree? "

#So basically I think they're full shit + trying to get their EGO which Is something that have no problems with. Well unless they try to play us like a fool while going about it. WHICH THEY COMMONLY DO -_-
    i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• Beauty (aesthetics) is actually somewhat objective. It has to do with facial symmetry and the ratios between different points on your face.

Now attraction can be somewhat subjective. For example you could compare a blonde hair blue eyed male model and an average looking tan guy with dark curly hair who plays the guitar. Now objectively the male model will score higher for facial symmetry and ratios, however a girl who happens to be to have a thing for guitar players with brown curly hair will probably feel more of an attraction to the average joe even tho the male model is objectively more aesthetic.

Or another example... lets say
    -Guy A has bgeat bone structure and has a very symmetric and proportional face but he has a "pretty boy look"
    -Guy B has average facial symmetry but he's got a more rugged look.
    -Guy C has the same level of symmetry and proportionality as guy a but he's got a more rugged look
    -Guy D is rugged and masculine but he has an asymmetric jar, large nose, and a lazy eye

If Sally is more attracted to a masculine rugged looking guy, shed likely be more drawn to Guy B over Guy A, However shed probably choose Guy C over Guy B. It is extremely unlikely that shed be attracted to Guy D and would likely choose to be single over dating him..

So, in my opinion, you can be beautiful but not attractive, however I don't believe you can be attractive without at least a basic level of aesthetics. By that I mean average facial symmetry and proportions. People with a high degree of asymmetry won't be considered attractive.

• yes, beauty is subjective. :P

and then there is societies standards on what the general public would consider what is and what isn't beautiful, and that is the standard most people thrive for since it pertains to the masses.

anyways, I can never tell unless they're just so ridiculously fucking hot.

• I think everyone who's worthwhile is naturally insecure. It tells me that they're worried about what other people think, and they don't intend on abusing something like their looks to gain an edge over someone.

I know I am uncomfortable about how I look. There's always someone more attractive, or funnier, or wittier, or more charming than I am. I can't really blame someone for wanting to find their weaknesses. You can't fix a problem you aren't aware of.

• But you do understand that you're also always more attractive, funnier, wittier, and anything else you could think of than someone else? To me my boyfriend is perfection, a lot of people always like the throw the idea of someone being more handsome but for me that is absolutely not true. He is the most handsome, and you very well may be for someone else.

• I... don't really have an answer for that.

I can't say I've been in a relationship that was that way. I've definitely felt that way towards girls I've fallen for in the past, but it's not something I really feel comfortable giving an answer for right now.

I'd have to experience it first. Love has a crazy way of changing someone. Maybe it'll change my opinion on this, one day.

• Hopefully one day you will meet a special lady, and honestly I'm sure it'll be very easy for her to look at you that way. You look like a movie star.

• There are ugly people -- they just don't ask if they're beautiful.

Also, yes -- I think these people know they're beautiful and they're fishing for validation.

• Slightly agree, it doesn't matter how ugly someone thinks they are there's someone that doesn't. So in another person's eyes they are beautiful.

• it more has to do with most of these gals looking to get some validation. They often already know they are decent looking. They just want people to tell them that constantly, because without people acknowledging them everyday, they feel undesired. People who know they look good will tend to be confident enough to put their pictures up on the internet. You don't see many genuinely ugly users because those users won't post a picture of themselves as they know what the reactions will be. So in short, there are definitely less attractive people on GaG. They just don't post their pictures for the world to see

• Just because someone is conventionally good looking, doesn't mean that person is high in self-esteem and confidence.

Everyone wants to act like an above average (by conventional standards) person, doesn't have the right to feel insecure and seek a boost.

People can be so bitter on the internet sometimes.

• Where was I being bitter? I think you need to reread the description because there wasn't even a hint of negativity in what I said. I know what I think about it, I'm just looking to hear other people's thoughts on the same subject.

• What type of cookies and milk do you want?

• Oh no don't worry about it! :) I was just confused because I didn't think I said anything mean lol. But yes, I understand exactly what you're saying some people are kind of rude for no reason. And to your last question it would be chocolate chip cookies, with whole milk (I can't deal with low fat milk xD)

• Some want their egos stroked, others are genuinely insecure, some have their own personal reasons for it.

• The beautiful people are the ones who asks those "how do I look" questions. People that are just kinda "meh" like me don't post shit like that because I know I'm in a little bit of a lower league. But I'm ok with that. My personality is a lot better than my looks *shrugs*
    That's just my experience. I won't lie I've thought about it but I probably wouldn't like the responses hahaha

• Heh i did one, not much of a response soooo yeah.

• img2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Rowan_Atkinson.jpg
    I can't help being blessed with all this...

• Well, I'm ugly, and proud of it! So there! :)

• I wanna ask.. will u marry meh 💍

• Lol thanks for the offer, but I'm spoken for.

• But i want ur cookies more cuz it catches ma eyes.. and now ma the joocy HAWT white milk is boiling up inside meh rdy to be mix with ur cookie 💘💘

• Now this is sounding inappropriate and I'm starting to take offense. Calm down a bit I don't know you.

• not all of them are beautiful they just want confidence boost

• I learned that girls are insecure as hell, even the pretty girls. There's a good chance she wasn't always pretty and there's also a good chance she got other females trying to put her down as she grew up because of her looks.

On guys hand, we RARELY get approached or complimented. You have to be very good looking to be consistently approached, it doesn't happen to 99% of dudes.

• People's perception is different. Just because you think someone is attractive doesn't mean they do and it doesn't mean they are.

Like for example a easy one for me. Kate Upton is a ugly pig to me yet so many people think she's hot. So if I say she's ugly to her face and others say she's hot then how do you think she'd feel? She doesn't know what to believe.

Such as the people on here.

What Girls Said 4

• 99% of them are shallow, compliment and attentiion sniffers lol don't respond to these comments... especially not the ones with guys asking about their penis size... they are just looking for an ego boost...

• LOL @ the later portion of your comment xD

• Yeh... we all think he's very disturbed, well he is really... he only has children because at the time when he had a child he was doing it to annoy Shay from the Shaytards, not becaus he actually wanted a kid... he's really messed up, although i think he's got bored of tormenting other people now lol.

• Lol, well hopefully he'll get over it. I hope he moves on from whatever is troubling him.

• 15 minutes of fame but gone and forgotten by the next hour.

Next few days, they will return another question in anon. (Same question as before) Showing themselves in a shot (different angle), with a closer view of their cleavage.

• 90% of them are catfishin'.

• most people who just ask such questions are insecure teens or college students

as these people are generally attractive, i like assuming that every gagger without a profile pic of his/herself is hot until proven otherwise