Is there a way to turn off notifications for up votes?

It's really annoying having to visit a post for no reason other than to clear a notification.

Also, where did the girlsaskguys section go in the question topics?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, but you could click on the check mark next to the up vote notification.
    I think that's the least you can do.

What Guys Said 6

• There is a checkmark icon next to each notification (on the right). When you click/tap on it it will de-highlight the new notification and switch it to "read".

• Nope + you're back I missed you!!! media0.giphy.com/media/4NuAILyDbmD16/giphy.gif

• Heya mist... :)

• I think the mods/admins are fair don't get me wrong. But yeah there are those times where I just wonder what happened since this comment was way worse than the other 1... yet this 1 is still up and the other 1 is gone LOL

• I lay into the mods a fair bit but there are a lot of fair ones

• No option for that sadly... and since i always upvote people in my questions, im sure that is driving people away from them :'(

• It wouldn't drive me away I don't think, but its damned annoying isn't it? A button to clear the notifications would be sufficient, what do you say @girlsaskguys? A new button maybe?

• I wish :(

Im fine with it saying ASKER Upvoted under my opinion and giving me an extra xp point but getting a notification for it is overkill.

• Just discovered there's a tick next to the notifications to mark as seen. That's good enough for me.

• there is?

ill have to look next time i get a notification

• Yeah, just to the right is a very small grey tick mark.

• I don't mind it only takes an instant - It would be worse if nobody appreciated what you said.

• I wish there was.

• Its crap isn't it? Who thinks up these silly little mistakes?

• No idea, the same person who refuses to fix things that are actually wrong I'd guess.

• You think this person gets pissed that we diss the site and does this on purpose? Some spiteful little programmer stuck in a room... exercising his minute power over us... curse you angry computer man! Curse you!

What Girls Said 1

• yaaaaaaaaaas !!