When one becomes a guru, do they have to act more behaved on GAG?

On GAG, I don't know what being a Guru actually means. But what I HAVE noticed is that they are a little less overkill than other GAGers, (or it might just be my imagination.)

Is it true that Gurus have to behave well to keep their Guru status?

• Yes, Max, you are right and are the handsomest GAGer on here.
  • No, Max, you idiot, you're never right go die in a hole

Most Helpful Girl

• Being on Here for nearly 2 years now, @Maxemeister, even when I was a Level 1... I was well behaved and very diplomatic in giving the best advice I could give in helping another GAGER. Many people still tell me "Thank you for not judging."
    However, with time and more points, GURU at this level, working towards Master, I have grown Into GAG in being a Good GAG member, helpful and cared about by many wonderful and amazing GAGERS.
    I have not changed any, maybe got wiser but my heart I know, has gotten more loving and caring because of those on here, dear, who have motivated me into keeping going and flowing every day.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• I am well behaved and have learned this site has lot of you great , kind hearted young people like yourself @Maxemeister who make me want stay on here i get along
    better with younger people and make more friends with younger than i do the ones
    my age..

What Girls Said 12

• What the hell? Of course not, it's just a level. I sure as hell didn't stop being an asshole when I became a Guru, I didn't even change my ways when I became a mod.

• Gurus are just those who have many xpers behind their usernames. Meaning they're spent ages on gag. Doesn't necessarily mean they're spent ages giving sound advice... There was a pedophile who kept saying idiotic things and being really unhelpful to anyone and he became a guru in a matter of a few months.

• It's a badge based on how many Xper points you have. Literally nothing else.

• Guru badge does nothing for how you behave.
    You respond questions as you are ; regardless of your *title*
    This is how I experience.

• Guru status has nothing to do with how you behave here. Moreso your activity and how much you use the site. It is in direct relation to the Xper points you earn. That's it.

• I'm a guru, editor and uber-moderator so I try to behave myself haha.

• Wow. Does it suck?

• Sometimes haha. But it's nice that the admins realise and appreciate the amount of time and effort I've put into this site.

• It is only a badge that we spent more time here.
    No we dont have to behave differently. This is not corporate environment

• Heyyy max. Even if I ever make it to guru status I'm not going to go easy on you.

• Guru just means you reached level 10 xper

• No, not really. I would switch it to "when one becomes a moderator** they have to act more behaved on gag"

• It has never changed the way I act. lol hahahaha

• Guru is based on points not behavior

What Guys Said 13

• Guru and master mean nothing - User has reached a certain number of points thats all - A master user is no different than a level 1 user, there is every chance that the level 1 user can give better advice. ALL GAGGERS ARE EQUAL.

• Guru is just a title for reaching 20000 total Xper
    it's nothing official and it grants you nothing but a visual title.

It's just like the "Master" title, though for that
    I believe it's a total of 50000 Xper. ^.~

• fuck no 😂

• GURU is just "Level 10" with a fancy title

• becoming a guru means absolutely nothing

• have to? FUCKKK NOOOO

• Im the same dude on GaG that I was before I was a Guru or Master. :-P

• The hell did you get that idea bloke?

• Nope I won't change no matter what level I am

• lol lol really? Maybe some, but it's just a title.

• NO thats only if you are a mod

• I voted Yes, Max

• Die in your rabbit hole :P