What in the world, keeps you on GAG?

Every time I log in, I tell myself it's literally just to answer my PMs and then I'm gone! I figure I'll get bored that way and eventually stop logging in...

Then I see a question that I just HAVE to answer; but it's okay, 'cause I'm definitely logging out after that... right? 😕
Then and hour later, I'm still here and I realise I'm doomed to a lifetime of GAG... WHY? 😢

Most Helpful Guy

• well, unlike most people here it would seem, i actually am very proactive about communicating with people beyond the superficial one off convos that happen in comments. Every now and then, ill stumble upon someone that intrigues me on here for one reason or another, and ill go out of my way to message them first and tell them exactly why they intrigue me, and to get a conversation going. I enjoy meeting new people and learning from them, and that's GaG's main draw factor for me. The quality of questions and the community have overall gone down since I've been here in the very early days, before we even got this new version of the site. So I definitely don't stick around for the Q&A. Eventually, i build enough rapport with a person to get their number/facebook or whatever else that will allow me to talk to them outside of this place... so when i do leave eventually, i won't be leaving empty handed

• Good for you!
      Yeah I just talk to the people I really like over WhatsApp; we rarely communicate on gag!

You've been here a long time man, you must've seen each question 50 times over! :(

• Thanks for mho!

• You're welcome! :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• Notifications, notifications everywhere!

I thrive on people's answers and their up/downvotes.

• Much the same as you - Keep seeing interesting questions

• There are some interesting nice people on here. There's also people that do look for help and advice and I like to try and be at least a little helpful.

• Good stuff, you're basically here for all the right reasons- A class gagger! :)

• That one moment when you tell someone something and it actually sinks into their brain, changing their life forever. It's only happened like twice for me.

• How can you be certain of that, from words on a screen?

• Because the vast majority of the time no one listens to me. My whole life no one ever considers what I say, so when it happens I really can tell.

• Okay, well kudos to you, life changer!

• Nowadays I've nothing to do offline and nothing special is happening offline so I find myself online more often than usual since last month.

• That's fair enough, just don't let it become a habit- gag is sneaky like that! O_o

• Ahhh, so you beat the gag?

But, you keep coming back; so technically it still owns your soul :/

• 'To ask something' hahaha. The only thing which uses internet & made me addicted was WhatsApp 😂

• Whenever I see that little orange notification I get such a huge release of dopamine that I can go on a night out without spending any money.

• Fuck knows.

• Nosing into other people's businesses is fun stuff.

• That's true... but is it that fun when they're strangers? Wouldn't you rather nose into the business of people you know?

• If it were people you knew, it would be a lot more serious.

• Bored, there's nice people on here plus interesting questions

• I guess I'm REALLY bored. And I'm pretty far on this website already, why stop now?

• I like answering questions that's what's keeping me here

• Boredom...

• for the lulz.. little else.

• PMing users, having a venue to ask my interesting conversational questions

• I'm trying to learn how to loose my virginity, get head, and give girls head, & I feel like asking girls will give me the best answer. Once Someone gives me the steps I'll Get off the site

• I just like the people here. Some of them.

What Girls Said 11

• I have been on GAG nearly two years and still counting, @Mgoods and my Motive when God brought me here, dear, was to Continue my lifetime mission of helping Others who need help, and I must say, I believe that I have done just that.
    I am here for this purpose but along the merry way, I have made many a friend and follower/following, which is a topper to my sweet cake on Being on GAG. And even as a GURU, I feel working towards Master is a big accomplishment that I feel everyone on here who I have helped, Helped make this happen because they trusted me enough to know what I was saying was good in their eyes.
    It's not all about the numbers or just the levels but the levels of numbers of people who I have reached out to and who have reached out to me.
    Good luck. xx

• That's really, really lovely! I would like to thank you for your contribution to gag! :)

• Why, thank you, sweetie, andf riends like yourself keep me coming back to yaklol:)) xxoo

• i like the community on here pretty much.
    i also answer my messages and try help some people out when i can.

• I answer my messages too! Yay for the helpful squad! :D

• I'm addicted to that orange notification thingy.
    I'm here because of the social aspect. I've made quite a lot of friends that I enjoy talking to.
    And I literally have nothing better to do.

• I stay for the friends that I have made. There are some people on here who show that they care more than some of the people I know in person.

• Lol Keyspirits does
    @keyspirits
    Here is the Muslim name challenge for your future baby with a Muslim cutie
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vhjPbwUbs64

• I stay for the friends that I've gotten to know to. I enjoy talking to them.

• mainly answering questions
    it's also a form of mild entertainment
    i also like some of the personalities here

• Something to do to pass the time, that's basically why I log in... then I'm still here 50 years later :/

• Because it's addicting ಠ_ಠ

• I learn things in here that would have taken me ywars to figure out. There's something new everyday.

• That's true- there are a few things I would've been afraid to ask in real life, but you'll find the answer to that shit in gag! Ha

• I just joined gag :)
    I'll see how far I can make it on gag.

• Ya Ikr it's pretty interesting