Anonymous trolls problem - would this be doable?

As with MyTakes - they're submitted and then processed before being published on the site.
What if GAG received all of the Anonymous Questions and decided whether the topic was indeed worthy of the anonymous button. If it was not - the question would be published with the normal non anonymous user's name as it should be... So trolls and people who don't want answers but someone to lash out on don't make that mistake again.

IS this doable?

Would this be too much work?

*lash out at

P. S.
Or maybe, if this is too stern - the Asker gets the option of either not publishing the question or publishing it non anonymously.
Of course - if the Q is okay to go anonymous, it would. (this goes without saying)

Most Helpful Guy

• I would support this with a few tweaks - If it was doable I would submit every anon question/comment/opinion/take - Obviously if admin don't like it they remove it - If they don't consider it worthy of anon, offer user chance to post it named or withdraw it.

• Yeah. Sounds fair to me. The question is: Is it too much work for the site? ✈

• Unfortunately I would say too much work for site - Thanks for MHG

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a terrible idea to me, being dictated to by mods and admins about the suitability of my choice to go anon? No, I think that's incredibly unfair, the moderation is already rather subjective, this would make it even worse.

The trolls are obvious, can people not just ignore them? I honestly think some people need to get a grip -these are random strangers on the internet, how can they upset people so much? It's as much the persons fault for engaging the nasty people as it is the nasty people's. Just leave well alone and stop biting.

• I see your point...
      The thing is - sometimes you don't know it's a troll until you engage and then it's over. o. O
      But yeah, maybe I should just stop engaging with any anonymous users. Sounds fair. =)

You made me see this in a different way.

• Hmmmm... that does sound unfair.

Yeah, Ietting it go is the best option it seems.

• Thanks for the mho :)

What Guys Said 7

• Not a bad idea... the main question is: how much manpower would it cost?
    No matter if the admins would need to do this or if moderators would be autorized to look at "the list" of potential questions, if it's like 50+ questions per head per day it's probably not realistic :o

• i dont think its necessary. Its too much red tape just to get an anonymous question posted. People just need to get a thicker skin

• "people just need to get a thicker skin'- easily the most intelligent thing i've read on here lately. this site has become populated by soft ass easily offended babies lately and it's nauseating.

• If i am made super Mod I will end the trolls as I did on Picfights. com

• that would be fun and let the mods take are of deciding who goes anonymous

• It would probably make it easier for the users, indeed
    but it would be oh so much work, if that happened. ^.^

• That sounds so superfluous, Lizzie.

• Your're topic is useless. Remove it.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it is too much effort :/ Also a question might be anonymous-worthy for the asker since they may be ashamed or embarassed for some reason whereas the person who publishes the questions thinks that it can be published with their username.

• Tell G@G. But if they get rid of anonymous post half of G@G would be gone.

• Sounds like too much work. People who post questions just to bash others are the worst kind of trolls but I do have a soft spot for the funny ones.