I mean if someone has a question like that shouldn't they leave it up so people can try and help them?
It just doesn't make sense to me...
Most Helpful Guy
Because many of them suicide are just trolls and some of them are asking on how to kill themselves and what's the best way to do so. In any case gag doesn't want sue in their hand or any promotion regarding suicide just in case it leads to someone's death or something.3
Most Helpful Girl
- Some people might post questions like that just for attention. They need to realize that suicide is not something to joke about
- And those who are genuine, might get made fun of. People encouraging them or trolling them. Or telling them to stop seeking for attention.
- People on gag are not trained professionals to deal with those who have suicidal tendencies, even if they might have some experience in that area
- Gag is supposed to be a somewhat lighthearted site, anything extreme usually gets taken down (too much sexism, racism, all that stuff).
- People with suicidal tendencies should get help from professionals on suicide hotlines or therapists, not random people online
- Gag sends a message with hotlines after the post has been taken down as to highlight that they should get professional help. So it's not that gag doesn't care, this is just not the site for such issues what with all the trolls and the general vibe/look of the site.
- Although it's nice that you want people to help those in need, there's no guarantee that other people will take it as seriously. Like I said trolls are an issue.
- It's just easier to take down all questions concerning committing suicide, planning it or asking how to best do it, etc
- Such questions might be triggering to those who are suffering from depression themselves, or have had traumatic experiences concerning suicide (someone they love might have taken their own life). It would be nice if they could surf gag without having to read such heavy/extreme questions.0