Hypothetically speaking if mention feature was cancelled from GAG…would you cancel your account as well?

• yes...
  • no...

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• no. i don't care if it exists or not.

What Girls Said 8

• No definitely not. It's not nearly that important to me.

• Hey Klaatu.
    I wouldn't cancel my account but I would definitely come here less.

• i'd comment in yer opinion... here u go...

• What if I didn't write my own opinion? -_-
      ugh

• oh leave it... after all as anon i cannot tag u anyway... so it's pointless...

whenever u see it...

• Accidentally voted A, meant to vote B. I wouldn't cancel my GAG account, but I sure as hell would come on here less often than I am right now.

The mention feature is important for GAGers that are very social on here. Although I'm not one, but at least with the feature I can at least communicate with many through the opinion comments.

• No. I don't really mention people anyways.

• No, I just would never reply to anyone because i'm always so oblivious lol

• Nah, it would be hard to respond to comments but I won't leave just for that.

• No, but I sure as hell wouldn't be a fan.

• of course not.

What Guys Said 5

• Didn't I see @Klaatu51 ask a question about something like this?

Anyway, I would not cancel my account, but I would most certainly be very mad at GAG. Without the mention feature, GAG takes a step back and runs into the problem Yahoo Answers has. Yahoo Answers has no mention feature, yet it still has a comment system. That being said, when you answer a bunch of questions and someone comments on your stuff, or replies to your comment, you have to manually check every answer you've given. It's complete bullcrap and really irritates me about Y! A. It's one of the reasons I left it-- I became bored.

The mention feature is one of the large parts of GAG that make it great. It keeps a community feel and you can engage in conversations with people. Like @MissNowhere said, I wouldn't cancel my account, but I certainly would come here less. It would just feel like another yahoo answers at that point. Yahoo Answers sucks.

So I would absolutely hate it if they got rid of the mention feature. Sometimes, GAG does updates and it is frustrating... but taking away such a big 'feature' would be a HUGE step backwards.

• This is Klaatu. He's on fire, he REALLY wants that mention feature cancelled -_- Makes my blood boil. Only just because he hates his username SOOO MUCH. That's also why he's going Anonymous now lol, to not have to see his own username.
      I agree with everything you said.

• Okay, male Anonymous (18-24) who's totally not Klaatu, I sincerely apologize for calling you Klaatu 😵

• See... that's why mention feature is necessary. How else would I have seen your response, male Anonymous (18-24) if dangerDoge hadn't tagged me?

• Wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me but since you brought it up - I have noticed how many times I tag and be tagged every day - I say at least 10 times a day and that is just convos on threads - The kids probably tag each other hundreds of times a day.

• No, but it would certainly degrade the usefulness of this whole community. I can't imagine them doing something silly like that.

• Although I would miss it, I'd adapt. A lot of shit would have to go down before I cancel my account. In fact, I don't think I ever will.

• I think that they should get rid of the "you have to be unanonymous" to mention people. That's stupid that you can't be anonymous and mention someone