I want to have an option where if I upvote an opinion the opinion maker knows who I am?

So someone says something really intelligent and I agree, I want an option to up vote them and for them to know who has done so...

Most Helpful Guy

• If they aren't anonymous, then just message them to say you posted the question. Some of us post lots of answers so include the question itself or the URL.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wanted that too but then realized I wouldn't like getting so many notifications for that. :p

What Guys Said 7

• I will often comment if I agree with someone particularly and an upvote just doesn't seem enough. Something like "very well said" or "I particularly agree with your second point", it just seems the propper manner for discourse. And doing so you will more rapidly realise when you frequently are agreeing with the same people, oppening avenues of further communication.

• Just saw your profile best kind of bets, ones that seem dead and come back to life. I suppose you could leave a comment "I upvoted you because..."

• You can just respond to their post saying "I upvoted your post because it's awesome" or something like that.

• I think that would look a bit sycophantic to be honest.

• Nah I think they're just being friendly if they said that to me.

• You're probably right. I think your opinion is awesome.

• Some people may want to remain anonymous in that situation, so if you want them to know who did it, tell them you did it. It would make me smile to get comments like that from someone I wasn't necessarily even talking to. :)

• That sounds like an intelligent idea

• NO.. unless you are the asker.

You can write a comment that you upvoted I guess.

• Then it will be like facebook

What Girls Said 2

• just comment on it.

• What is the question