Is it generally better to have a photo of yourself in the display picture?

speaking honestly, will people be more trusting in your posts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm likely to trust people that aren't anonymous, but, you don't HAVE to have your own picture, you can use the default avatars if you want. I just don't like the anonymous option because too many people abuse it. They use it for the simplest things, ya know? Seems silly

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been talking about sexual things on here and would not want people who knew me to know it was me saying it, so to avoid being recognized (or having what you say on the internet come back to haunt you one day) - its better not to.

Best advice regarding the internet EVER, is anything that you wouldn't want a future employer to see, don't put your name and picture next to it. Rule of thumb.

What Guys Said 10

• If you're a girl, you'll probably get unwanted sexual messages.

Most people font have a picture so I don't think it affects your trustworthiness

• For young girls like yourself - It tends to attract creeps - I don't think it is that important - I feel only about 40% of users have themselves in their profile pic.

• It's really up to you, I don't think people really care.

• Yeah that's what I am doing putting my pic in the display picture

• I think yes

• The quality of the opinion/answer makes the person trustworthy, not a picture.

• Its much better to have your very own pic

• Not really, whether you have your picture here or not wouldn't make people to be more trusting cause many users are catfishes here...

• People won't even find me out with the pic I have now, it could even be a calvin klein adversitement shoot, I don't model tho ^^

• Yes I think their would

What Girls Said 5

• i think it makes things a little more personal. but be prrepared for pervs. just put a regular picture not a flashy one or a sexy one. hahaha

• I like to be able to put the opinions to the face. It doesn't affect my view on the opinion but it just seems more human as opposed to loads of cartoons. I hardly see any real pics on here anymore! Everyone's real face is in hiding!

• It's what ever you feel comfortable with. If you don't want your photo because it makes you feel uncomfortable don't do it.

• I don't know honestly because I sometimes get pervy messages lol

• i dont think that matters.