Do the opinions from gag represent mostly the opinions out there in the real world?

i honestly think it doesn't. specially when it comes to dating.
exemple: most people here say they wouldn't cheat on their bf/gf.. but i think that most cheaters just dont use gag! gag just attracts certain type of people in my opinion. and most cheaters just dont end up here, they end up on ashley madison or something. lol thats why here we see these polls where 80% says they dont cheat... but in reality i think its much much much less.
again, just an example, but there are tons more!
so tell me, what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not think that gag represents the real world because people on this website base their opinions on their currently relationships with a guy or girl. Also, men lie online about not being a Cheater to make themselves look good on this website. I think gag attracts all kinds of people. And I think men lie on this website when they say they want a relationship because they want to stay popular but in reality if these guys wanted a relationship so bad then why are they single? Men are natural hunters

Most Helpful Guy

• I think most people are faithful and monogamous. People who cheat and get caught come to your attention because people love to talk about somebody else who got caught screwing up. But people don't gossip about folks who are being faithful and monogamous.

What Girls Said 14

• I think a good number of people (60-70%) on gag are introverts, computer addicts, or people with too much time on their hands. they don't represent the average world opinion. But some of the opinions are true. There are a disproportionate amount of "nice guys," on this website than I have observed in the world.

• totally agree with this.

• @VampireEmpress and @QuestionMan thank you! @burlen I arrived at my estimate by observations that some people post the same question multiple times, argue with question askers and other gagers who state their opinion, and creep on other people's profiles and send them inappropriate messages. the number was a rough estimate based off of my personal experiences and observations, nothing more.

• @burlen You can also look at some of the polls conducted on this site and they's say it's about 60% of responders are introverted. Of course this statistic is not a perfect representation of all of GAG since there will always be errors in data collecting and the sample sizes are quite small.

• Not in my experience, this site is full of neurotic people who have problems dealing with the opposite sex. The majority of people don't find human interaction as difficult as the GaG community. I swear 90% are n the spectrum somewhere...

• yeah. since texting is so popular now, you don't even need face to face anymore hardly. and with all the apps, it's just not that difficult to get to know people. or even for the guys to get sex.

• @Burien its my opinion, not a thesis and its based on the thousands of questions posted asking how to interact with other humans, why they can't get a date, why they can't keep a girlfriend... why society sucks and they can't get on with it...

• I definitely don't. If you listened to what the internet told you, 120lbs would mean that you're fat/obese, women would only want men for money, men would only want women for sex and you would need a thigh gap in order to get a date...

• No. Sikhs, Hindus, Muslims and Jewish people rarely ever use this website.

• Have you got any evidence or proof to support your claim? :)

• Well its because many people from these traditions have a formalized interpretation of marriage and some even have arranged marriages - hence they have less insecurities and questions on the courtship or dating process.

• I think the opinions on here can be because there's so many different people posting. but for the mytakes or the people posting rants, not so much. and I think lots of people on here are more naive about how the world works and everything... just look at the questions.

to be fair though, in the real world people are high all the time, and can act so stupid even when they're not. so it's not like the real world is all sane either.

• Seeing as were a minute population of the whole world I think not.

• I don't know, I'd like to think that people are beginning not to cheat as much buttttt... xD yeah no I totally agree

• No, especially not in Europe.

• Not the cheating part, but the sexuality part and how girls and guys treat each other.

• i really hope not

• I hope to god not.

• I agree yeah

• Kinda funny how so many say, they don't think so. Makes every opinion, including these in here (and mine) sound like another nonsense, if they say that it doesn't represent the opinion out there and that people using this site have too much time in their lives and so on... so, you are counting yourself into that too, aren't you? You've got too much time in your hands too, obviously, or elsewhere you wouldn't be here either.

Besides... I believe that not all op. don't represent the real world, yet many do reflect it. Plus, just because there ARE people who stalk others, are creepers or introverts, doesn't mean almost everyone in here is. Many are, agreed... a good amount is not, though.

• God no. Not even close. A very special group belong here

• I think it depends on the question. I agree with you about the cheating. A lot of people just want to sound good. It's the same with questions like: Looks vs Personality. You know that most people will pick personality over looks on here when in reality they need to be attracted first. It's looks that draw people in and personality that keeps them. Also, when people talk about how their bad looks keeping them from dating, you'll get most people responding that it's not likely their looks, but their personality. People don't want to admit on here that looks can be a deal breaker.

Yesterday I saw a face vs body question. Most people responded that they will pick a good looking face and bad looking body over a bad looking face and a hot body. I think in that case that people are being truthful on here. That happens in real life too unless it's a guy looking for a quick lay.

What Guys Said 12

• I like to think here is close to real world and the cheaters are the odd minority

• I don't think so. This site has a higher ratio of asocial people vs normal people. I for one am the only person out of all the people I ever knew that would use this kind of site and surprise surprise, I'm a socially inept loner.

• Yes and no. It's probably more negative than usual simply because people are most likely to post about problems rather than success.

• G@G attracts mostly loners and introverts. Most polls about "Are you an introvert?" have a large majority of people picking introvert. Also the polls seem to be one sided about how most people on here are virgins. This place doesn't represent the majority, it represents the majority of internet users.

• Obviously not. It mostly represents the opinions of relatively affluent teens and 20-somethings in the English speaking world.

• I think most women would justify it, and with men it'd be half and half, most of which would just do it and not care.

• No.

the real world says fk u.

While you ask "can you help me?"

When you get answers like "You'll find the girl, just be yourself."

• I think it's pretty standard. It's just that not many people practice what they preach.

• No it doesn't.

• Nope, GaG is also narrowed to core countries and internet users. Not to mention GaG is orientated towards teenagers.

• Polls are inaccurate regardless of their origins but as for Western culture I would say the younger culture is represented in the manner of which they truly are.

• No, everyone on here is a virgin and completely undatable, I honestly don't know why I keep coming back on here, their advice is terrible.