Why can't we reverse image search?

Why doesn't GaG allow us to image search people's profile pictures? I can do it on my mobile but not on desktop. Is this because some of the moderators use "borrowed" photo's? It makes it much harder to call someoone out for catfishing.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• There is way around that use what is called the Snipping Tool
    To capture a snip, do the following:

Open Snipping Tool by clicking the Start button. ...
    Click the arrow next to the New button, select Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, or Full-screen Snip from the list, and then select the area of your screen that you want to capture.
    windows.microsoft.com/.../snipping-tool-faq

• I use mobile most of the time so if an image or profile pic is dodgy - I do a check on it on the phone

• Yeah, you can't right click the opened image viewer on the profile photo, but there are ways to get past that if that is what you truly want.

• I have a laptop no cell phone

• I don't know but i constantly post on sc and ig and twitteer im 100% legit i even posted a youtube vid today😂

• Open google, click on images and drag and drop the image from one tab into the other into the search field. Works perfectly fine with all browsers

• You can Just click the little camera icon and select the link option. Then copy and paste the picture's link.

• No no, I mean you used to be able to Google Image Search other people's profile photo's. I don't mean I'm having issues adding a photo or a link.

• I don't know about you but I can easily do it with google chrome.

• I'm using Chrome and it doesn't bring up anything when I right click. It does on other sites.

What Girls Said 2

• You can, just drag the pic into a new tab and THEN search.

I think they're trying to stop people from stalking, maybe? You know, so people stop searching for Facebook profiles.

Not very effective, lol.

• If I'm on Google Chrome on my laptop, I can right-click the photo. There is an option to "Search for this image on Google" or something along those lines.

• Mine has disappeared, that doesn't work any more on GaG with me. Really odd.

• Interesting. I couldn't explain that to you then.

Just save the photo and then search for it through Google Images if you're that curious? Haha.