Do you upvote people just because they answered?

I do unless you said somehting really really dumb, but you get a point just for showing up and joining in. Fairs fair y'know...

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• Hmm.. I answered similar question earlier this week. Let's repeat!

Honestly, I never voted if I didn't mean it. No matter how many up/downvotes it has, if the opinion is good, I'll upvote it and vice-versa.

When I was a new user here, I used to do that to greet them an extra thanks along with the one in opinion. But I discontinued that procedure because it's time consuming and lots of people don't give fuck are some even get annoyed of unwanted niceness.

Sometimes, I use it to boost the morale of a lost person. If a person just tried to be honest and a lot of bigots disagreed with him/her, I'll upvote them. At least they were honest and literally tried to submit an helpful post.

Sometimes, I upvote some opinions in my questions in which a male gager downvotes specific type of opinions who hold similar views. I do it because I don't want to sound dumb who hates the people who hold different faith, views, beliefs. And some people might get offended by the asker even if that vote is not mine. So, by doing so, I'd show that it wasn't me. This is not usual thing. Like 1 in every 7 questions.
    Usually, I upvote the opinions (in my questions) to mark as potential MHO so that when I'll check them again in after 2-3 weeks, I don't have to waste time scrutinizing 30-50 opinions.

Up/Downvotes don't matter tbh. No matter how many votes I'll receive, I'll stay the same person I was. It doesn't impact my health nor influence my cognition. If I got so many upvotes, it'll give me contentment and if I got so many downvotes, it'll mean that my opinion was so influential and pushed a lot of people to get out of their comfort (literally, insanity) zone. Or they maybe jealous and if people aren't jealous then it means I'm doing it wrong.

But the thing is, not everybody take and interpret it as the way I do. Some take it too seriously and get upset.

Voting is an art in itself. This is democracy :)

• i upvote everyone my question, even the haters that come to insult me 😂

i always wanted to have a conversation with said haters.. but they insult me and never come back! even when im being all friendly and shit, like fuck, makes me wanna cry hahaa

• Yeah, some people are just useless at dealing with opposing opinions and run away... isn't that right @Applefan1? Invite me to answer your question then block me cuz you didn't like my opinion. That's why you can't get a woman dude, you're a fucking pussy!

(sorry Bert, mini rant :) )

• Why would you want to make the upvotes meaningless?

• @DarkHumorRUs in the end everyone wants points. I can give them that at least lol

• I do it unless they are complete jerks on my question. Disagreeing with me is completely fine as it provides healthy disgussion, but I'm not going to upvote them if they do something like trying to antagonize me by being rude.

I will upvote the question though to show I saw their answer and appreciate them answering. It is like a small token of gratitude. It also may give some people a slight incentive to answer the question, which is always nice.

• I usually do. However I find the notification that the asker upvoted is dumb and unnecessary, by all means show it in the box but don't show it in the notifications. Stupid site developers! lol

• Did you know about clicking the grey tick to get rid of the notification without having to visit the post? I agree though - needless.

• Yeah I discovered that the other day, the original question I answered got deleted but the notification stayed. I was thinking how am I supposed to get rid of it when I saw the tick.

• I believe some people do this - It is their choice while others will only give upvotes to the opinions they feel are among the most helpful - Everyone has different styles of usage on site.

• I do most of the time since they came into my thread and put the work in unless Its something stupid or against my views on a serious subject

• I have a policy on upvoting:
    1) I upvote people whom I follow or who follow me;
    2) And people who's answer I actually like. All the rest, I don't care about.

• Most of the time I don't unless I really like an opinion. Sometimes I do become one of those annoying over-optimistic people that upvotes everyone, occasionally.

• No way. I feel kind of cheated when other people do it to my answer. I only do it to the top 1/5 or so, especially if it's a specific question where giving a mho wouldn't make sense, like how much sleep you usually get.

• Fuck no, that's a retarded thing to do.

• When I ask a question, yes, I do. Unless the opinion was disrespectuful.

• I upvote the people that genuinely say something that makes sense.

• I don;t use that function a lot

• I actually keep forgetting there's an upvote / downvote button. I rarely use it

• I only up vote if I like the opinion or I was thinking the exact same thing.

• yes, I most of the time I upvote every answer

• not always depends on what they answered

• not usually. . . .

• Not always. In serious questions I don't give upvote unless it's really good opinion.

What Girls Said 11

• No I don't ever do that. I only upvote when I like what the the person is saying basically :)

• Yeah, same, I do as well for the most part.

• I upvote everyone unless they are being stupid and make remarks that are completely irrelevant.

• I do upvote everyone's opinion. Sure, there are the commenters that just want to troll or write silly things, but oh well. At least it shows that people are paying attention to my questions, haha. I appreciate the feedback that I get normally.

• i upvote almost all.. unless one gave a really bad opinion... and welcome back.. :)

• Haha I don't always.

• Yes, unless they said something rude and sarcastic about me. Or if I agree with them I will.

• I'd upvote most people ya
    Same like you actually

• I always do. Always. Even when I think they are acting like complete morons.

• oh hell no, nobody get nothing for free.

• I'm the same way. If they took the time to answer and not be rude about it, then I'll up vote them.