I'm afraid to private message people on G@G?

I'm afraid they'll think I'm weird or something. Like there's so many people I want to talk to on here but I'm afraid to message them. I feel like I'm bothering them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Umm, don't be afraid to Pm your fellow #GAGers because it seems that most people won't mind your company if and when you enter their inbox 1st on here ^_^. But if you're going to message ___ 1st please for the love of all that is holy do not start the message/s with " #HI or #HEY " unless you've already been talking to ___ around the site.

Because a opening generic message = generic convo/won't last that long usually when it comes to 2 complete strangers trying to have fun over the web 70% of the time ^_^ (in the gaming/anime world it works pretty well though since those topics can be talked about for days #while you guys are gaming together on Xbox live for example)

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, JUST DO IT.
    I also wanna talk to some people privately sometimes but I don't wanna bother them. There have been a few times when I was like FUCK IT and messaged them despite my concerns, never got a negative response.
    You're a cool girl and most people know that, I don't think you have any reason to be afraid.

What Guys Said 36

• Just message them, you have nothing to lose
    Just don't send a dick pic.

• I have the same fear. I always feel like I'm annoying them 😅 I love talking to people on here, but I'm always really hesitant to initiate conversations.

However, I think most people are happy when someone messages them to talk to them. As long as you don't send any unwanted pics of genitals to them, I'm sure that things will turn out positively. If no one ever initiates a conversation, there will never be a conversation.

• It's always a lovely surprise to get a message from a fellow GAGer. As long as it's not a crude message, I firmly believe all are welcome!

My sister @juicyjessie gets a lot of unwelcome attention from men, but she's learned how to deal with it.

With someone of your popularity, it would never be a bother!!

• if you are bothering them they will either:
    1) Let you know
    or
    2) ignore you.

either way, it's not like someone is going to spread the word that you bothered them or something...

• anyone is free to message me, if they need help with something. But I am not interested if they want something dodgy.

• It's best to only do it with people you often interact with... and don't forget that if people do wrong you can always report them!
    Someone who does wrong to you, does most probably also tell wrong things to other member :o
    Oh and it's not weird to PM, just be friendly to people and you'll be fine :D

• nah brah its all good.

• Lol just message them if they don't respond just wait a bit, gotta remember we're all in different time zones and places around the world, just be careful who you message some people on here can be real sick or perverted.

• Anyone who feels you're bothering them is free not to answer you. Is the real fear that they may choose not to answer you? Would you feel rejected?

• Yeah I would... Tbh

• As you grow out of your teen years it will become apparent that it's more important to become your own person than to be universally liked and appreciated (popular). So a little rejection now and then is actually a good sign that you're doing things right.

• Your like me i am scared to private message people, if they do it first than
    i will talk their head off , i am very shy 😊

• I'll answer pms but I'll rarely send one.

• People out of no where PM me all the time here Its ok

• Don't be, sending a private message isn't weird. I don't mind when people PM me.

• Hmm. I think that in private messaging, the conversation goes dry after about one day. i don't like it.

• There is a PM section for messaging other users. Whats so weird about it? If I am busy and someone messages me I reply that I can't chat right now. Mind blown.

• I already knew about that I'm just afraid to send people messages or that they may not want to talk to me

• Alright, let's say that you message someone and he doesn't want to talk to you. He even replies ''Leave me alone I am not talking with you.'' So what? Some people will some won't. You care too much.

• Dont be. They can't slap you :p
    And if they say something bad to you, you just say to yourself "what a looser" and delete it.

• People join here for the social element so if someone messages you it is not a strange occurence once it is not creepy which I doubt your messages are, it would be okay.

• it's only weird if you make it weird. but if you just wanna start some normal chitchat then there's nothing wrong with that. if people are not interested then they'll say so, and that's not the end of the world. Nothing you have to be afraid of

• I get very few PM's... if someone wants to talk, I have no prob with that!

• People can't judge you until they know you. And if they do judge, you know not to talk to them again.

• Don't worry just pm the world won't end lol

• Just message them, most of us here love private messaging

• What matters is what's in the message. That's what decides if it's weird or not :P

• I'm the same. That and I'm too awkward to know what I'm supposed to say to start a conversation.

• There's nothing wrong with it. It's email basically.

• Lol i pm people, it's fine! I talk semi regularly with some

• I understand but you can practise with me

• just do it... if they want they will bloq u if they want they talk with you when they can

• don't worry,
    just massage me

• i bother @MissNowhere all the time lol!!!

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 22

• Oh shit girl... You go for it hun... time to step out and be strong. Do it !!!
    I dare ya. Nothing to be afraid of.. so what if they reject you or say something., You're most likely a great person... so it's their loss for not giving or allowing you a chance, (Gotta be strong)

• I don't ever really answer private messages unless I have spoken to you beforehand on a question or take or something. I don't like receiving private messages because they are inevitably from gross dudes looking for masturbatory help. I'm not in that business, darling. Try elsewhere.

• Oh, don't be afraid of them, they are all the same.

• No girl. You shouldn't feel that way :P It's not weird at all.

• Stop being scared and go for it! You'll never know unless you try. You could be missing out on potential friendships with people because you're afraid. Nobody will think your weird for utilizing a function for what it's meant for! Be like Nike and JUST DO IT! 😊

• The same goes for me. Sometimss I'm too afraid to bother them that even when I need to ask them something I'd wonder for days if I should do it. And if I ever did it, I'd scold myself and literally 'run away to hide'. Yeah, I'm that weird.

• hmmmm... 😏

• I'm sure they will talk. There's heaps of lonely introverts here. 😜 isn't what gag is for? A place to interact with other people. And they bitch that they hate people but they still are pouring their shit here.

• I feel that way often as well, but you just have to go for it sometimes. I have, and it's always turned out positively. People are pretty receptive here as long as you aren't being a creep.

• Don't be afraid :)

We're here to answer questions, we're already talking to eachother. Most of us won't be creeped out, unless you're a creep of course!
    But a lot of us already know that you're a nice person so, don't hesitate and say hi to the people!

• If you speak correctly, don't ask them unusual questions and make good conversation, they won't.

• sending that first message can be nerve-wracking sometimes
    i'm usually comfortable PMing people who i've interacted with previously
    but some people i've never spoke to PMed me just for my advice
    you're always free to PM me if you like

• It's ok to message people. Just make sure their not asking you inappropriate questions :) Message me girly! :D

• Do it !!!

I thought I would never meet someone as strange as me but hey anything is possible so take the leap and message them!

• ThEy are simple human beings. As you. You should not worry really.

• Why would they think you are weird? If they really think you' are weird, people wouldn't have answered your questions :p
    You get lot of responses. Which means people think you're nice and likes you :)

I actually love it when people sends me messages. Cause I love making friends, getting to know them. Some people I met on here are really fun to talk to. It's amazing how much we have in common even though they grew up in other countries, different culture. It's sweet

• You can private message me! :)

• naw dont feel bad, just PM

• I am too! I've NEVER started a conversation on here, people always message me first :D

• no ur not bothering any one but i m waiting for people to message me at least can u message me

• And rightly so, there are to one anybody pedophiles and horny guys who might ask you for nudes on here.

• You should message them anyways! It's not weird!!!