Do you think it's a good idea to add age to who can answer a question?

You can already specify which sex you'd like to receive opinions from gor your question. Do you think it would be useful to also be able to select an age range if you want, the same predetermined ones anonymous users are sorted into, in order to get answers from a more specific group?

• Yes, I think it would be a useful feature.
  • No, it would probably barely be used.
  • Undecided/Results

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's a good idea, because we would miss out on some really good opinions just due to their age. But an option to limit under-18s would be useful, though.

• There was a huge revolution with under 18s on gag going on. Pls let everybody have their opinion and if you mind a under 18s opinion is worthless then thats your sight of view

Most Helpful Girl

• No i dont think so. I think it will be used for the wrong reason. You never see people ask a gender neutral question and then block a certain gender from answering it for no reason. But thats how they would use the age option. They would block certain ages (specifically u18) no matter what question it is, because they think they won't be able to relate or understand and that they can't give solid advice. I've seen a few people dismiss an under 18's answer just for the fact they were under 18. Even when the answer was really good advice.

What Guys Said 8

• 0|0
  • People will lie about their age to take part.

• Most questions would go with little answers if a age restriction was added

• No, we don't need to promote ageism anymore than it's already prevalent.

• it stops underage people from reading some... explicit material that older users may post

• ┬┐Wouldn't that limit the amount of good opinions that underage users can give?

• Every answer seems to go on the assumption that everyone would want answers from those older. I just meant some people might want answers from those closer to their own age group.

• Not really. I think questions like that are fairly common. And even if they're not, a lot of people probably want answers straight from the correct sex, instead of also getting second-hand information from the other.

• I guess you do have a point there.

• Not useful, also negative reputation helper and doesn't help your question at all.

• Well the problem is that when you go anonymous, your age range shows up, so, they'd still be able to answer, since you wouldn't know what age they actually are. Also, lots of people lie on here about their age. Sometimes it's the person themselves lying, other times it's just the site messing up their age but, you'd have to have proof that they are NOT that age, and they shouldn't be answering it, and there's no way of doing that, unless they started charging to use the site (credit cards) etc..

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's stupid. Sometimes the best advice comes from someone that you would never expect to be mature enough to answer.

• I reckon if the site restricted certain ages, people would set their age as different to what it actually is so as not to lose content, and that would make the ages shown on peoples opinions less accurate

• No. There are too many users on here who lie about their age
    There is a user who is 102 and another user who is 99.