When someone blocks on a post should all comments for that opinion be blocked too?

So, we all know the scenario: You make a comment, the asker doesn't like it and decides to block you but then continues the argument but now it's all good because you can't reply, meanwhile other people can start to chip in on your opinion. I think if you get blocked the whole opinion thread should be blocked. No more discussion on it. I think this is the only fair way to do it. It should at the very least say: Asker Blocked User

What do you think peeps & @girlsaskguys?

Most Helpful Guy

• wait I don't think they can comment on your post if they blocked you. if the person blocked you and then commented and you tried to reply but it said blocked then that means they blocked you first, then unblocked you to get another shot in and then block you again right after that.

its a bitch move 😂

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know I kind of like getting to pm people who reply and say "sorry annoying person blocked me". It is seriously how I make some of my best friends on here XD

What Guys Said 5

• absolutely. you should also have the option to strangle some nimrod through the screen as well. you know, if someone wants to have fun with you then have fun back and choke they ass.

• They're already kinda doing that if you block others on the post as an anonymous user (but then the blocked person can still post on others posts, which is weird).

• What do you mean? I just got blocked and other people are commenting on my post, and he is too.

• I think he posted, blocked, unblocked, posted, someone else posted, then re-blocked me. If they block your comments then that should be it for the rest of the question. No pussying about, unblocking, commenting, blocking. As Bert said, dick move!

• I agree with notification "Asker blocked User" but not ending thread.

• So you think it's ok to block a user but allow other people to comment on their thread while they can't respond in any way? I think that's a bit unfair to be honest.

• I was thinking about it and all asker would do is get last word in then block so at least another user has right to apply on your behalf. I will give an example say I was asker in an argument with opinion owner - I would go "Opinion owner is a moron" bang block , last comment ever on that thread. At least if it was open someone could come along and say "That is a bit harsh"

• Yeah but what also happens is you get attacked by another user, asker unblocks and replies, re-blocks etc etc.

I'm only sore because it JUST happened to me, ha!

• yeah i really hate the kind of behavior even having something like blocking encourages in culture. it really creates the kind of conditions for sociopathy to thrive. black mirror did an episode where they envisioned a world where you can block people in real life. it was not pretty

• Oh yeah, I saw that one I think. I didn't think it was as good as the Reality TV one. That one... uh... too close to home, far too possible...

• the one i am talking about, the guy suspects his girl of cheating so she blocks him and he spends years just trying to see his daughter. and john hamm stars as the dude who configures a digital copy of your brain and tortures them mentally until they become the slave of the person they are a copy of

• Oh yeah... I must say, I didn't think it was as good as his previous ones. White Bear was excellent...

• I think it should work like this:
    When you block a user, you just filter that user's activity from your own view. That way, you don't have to see anything they do anymore. Problem solved, right?

Unless you don't want to BLOCK someone -- you want to SILENCE someone.

• You can do that, "Remove blocked people from feed". It's an option.

I meant with regards to another blocking your comment, but it's fine - I figured out what the person did, they blocked me personally instead of my comments on the thread, then unblocked me to leave a message then re-blocked me so I couldn't reply. Dick move :)

• Yeah, that's why I think there shouldn't be any "blocking" of people at all. Just filtering them from your own view (everything, feed, comments, etc.)

What Girls Said 0