Would you pay for GAG?

So let's say starting October you have to pay to gain full access on GAG.

Just an example of how it could be:

- Premium account
5€/$ for one month or 10€/$ for 3 months
no ads
unlimited access
verified user + option to filter out non verified users
no limit on posting questions or images in a post
able to change your name once
fancy premium user badge
achievements or advanced statistics
more profile customization options

- Free account
ads
max. 5 question a month
max 1 image or link per post
no avatar or profile picture
none of the addition features listed above

I DO NOT THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA but just wanna see if people would be willing to pay :)

• Yes, I'd pay for it
  • Yes, but it needs to be cheaper or offer more than that example
  • No, but I'd continue using the free account
  • No, I'd stop using GAG
  • Other / See Results
results as expected lol

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I wouldn't pay for it. I'd probably stay and just use the free account, but I'd consider leaving if they did that. Not necessarily because of how poor the site would be but also because it doesn't show much care or consideration for their users.

Most Helpful Guy

• cash in my points. SEE YA LATER FUCKERS.

What Girls Said 17

• Unfortunately I would stop using GAG then simply cause a) I'm not from America or Europe which will make the money thing a huge issue and b) A free account with no features and lots of limitations will be annoying. It's basically a lose-lose situation for me :/

• no, and i'd stop using it lol. there's way too many dumbasses to deal with on here to pay money for that.. it's an advice site. i don't feel that i need to pay for advice or to give advice. and one of the perks to this site is getting money or gift cards, so i wouldn't pay money just to get it back. xD

• 😂😂😂😂 ohhh HEEELLLL no!!

• No way, I actually get paid to put up with stupidity at my job, i'm not about to pay to put up with it here lol

• if i would have to pay for GAG i'll quit

• I don't like this site enough to pay for it.

• Meh, I voted A.

• Nah.. I am out.. buh bye.. 👋

• Hell nawwwww I'm gonna be quitting this shitty hole...

• I would only use the free account but probably would spend less time here.

• Pay for GAG? Not a chance.

• No I would stop using it

• Nahh, peace out lol

• If they made me pay I would quit. Sorry.

• If I had to pay, I would just cancel my account.

• No. I'd stop using gag. Because I hardly ever get answers and when I do, it's because I put my questions on featured. So Yeahh is stop using it.

• I stopped using facebook when it became an AD filled pile of crap.
    I am on the verge of doing the same with GAG.

When sites become more interested in making ad money than actually being the site they began as, I find they no longer are worth the time to deal with.

What Guys Said 30

• Yes I would pay because
    (1) I hate ads
    (2) I really like idea of verified users
    (3) Unlimited questions would not bother me but I like posting images
    (4) I would like option to hide badges only one I would show is verified user one.
    (5) I love stats and lists, that would be fantastic
    (6) Would like to enhance my profile

• No way are you kidding me? If anything I should be paid for all my years of helping out people and in PM as well. I have spent so much time on this site. My time is worth a lot. I have helped out many people for many years for free even off of this site and on the phone as well.

• Of course not! They should be paying me to be on here!

• I'd quit using it. No doubt about that.

• I'd keep using the free account, and if it seemed too limiting, I would just stop using GaG altogether. But I don't know how it would be limiting - I'm only here to answer questions, after all..

• I thought if I should add a limit on posting opinions but I thought that would be too much

• 1|1
  • Nope. This actually would be enough for me to sign off. Well I could keep the free account just in case there are any changes but I would limit my activity to just checking in once in a while.

• I don't pay for good services who were once free because I get disappointed with the fact that I have to pay. I'd continue using it the free account only.

• I can see your point but servers cost a lot and more people start using adblockers, so it's possible that they would have to try something new to make sure they can pay their bills

• Haha no and I think I speak for most people when I say everyone but the super hard core people would choose not to pay.

• If that's what it takes to continue my love for @MissNowhere and @Cinderelli then I'd pay

• I would only if the with the payed account the amazon gift cards were easier to get and they raised it from $20 to $40 and it was only 5000 points to get the 40 dollar gift card.

• Hahahahha abso-fucking-lutely not.
    The most I'd pay is 1mg of fingernail dirt, 3 bits of pocket lint, a button and 1mm of some string.

• I'd quit GaG

• FUCK that id be out.

• It would be the death of gag

• isn't it enough I give out free advice

• i might as well pay a prostitute.

I mean don't we all ask questions on here in order to get laid and to keep getting laid?

• Id fuckin quit right now

• meh.. no no, I'd be gone

• Lol don't give them any ideas...

• nope, I would leave

• I'll pay because it sounds cooler to say that I'd pay 😂

• nope because its not something important, I dont waste money

• I'd stop using it altogether... I have other more important things to spend my money on.

• haha hell nawww, it's not that worth it

• Would you pay for facebook? or youtube?

• PEOPLE are not willing to pay for nothing they want everything for free. Do you go to restaurant and get it for free? Probably not, right so don't think that everything on internet is free!!!

• NOT A SINGLE DIME!

• not a bad idea... personally i'd pay...

think about it... if it means we'd wipe out every troll here and every lousy user who posts unhelpful/chatty opinions... it'd be magnificent... a troll or one who comes here to chat anf have fun... would NEVER pay for a site trust me... they'd just pack their bags and leave...

and it's just 10 fuckin bucks (in euros it's about 8.8 euros) for 3 months... not a whole damn fortune...

also if by "more profile customization options" u mean i could change my username... EVEN better... i'd give 30 bucks for it... not just 10...

but unfortunately GAG's a business... so it'd never happen i'm afraid since they'll lose many users... and as a business they'd rather deal wid trolls than have a site wid much less members... even if it means "good" members... :(

• nope, I'd just use the free account or leave