Do you agree that we should be allowed to modify our posts?

I hate when I make some small typo and am unable to just quickly fix that by hitting 'edit' and changing it. Or, if I want to add something to the post afterwards, I just can't.

Do you think they should allow modifications? I would be okay if the modifications had some form of restriction, but as long as I can fix a stupid typo, I'd be good with that. lol.

• Yes
  • No
  • Don't care either way
I want to point out that 79% of people have said yes. I think the developers of the site should have a look-see.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would like this. I forget what site it was I belonged to, but there was one that allowed you to edit your posts, but people could still see what it said before the edit. There was a button they could click on to see it. So maybe they could do something like that on here so people couldn't try to abuse it.

Most Helpful Guy

• They would need to implement a versioning system then, much like on Stack Overflow.

What Girls Said 4

• Editing things would make it even more difficult for us to moderate this site. People could go in and change their answers at any time which means we'll have no way to regulate what they put in their answers after we've been through it. I really can't express how much harder it will make it for us :(

• Lol. So? There isn't much one can't say in his/her posts anyway. I don't think it would be as big of an issue as you're assuming.

I think the benefit outweighs your not wanting to have extra work.

Besides that - all modifications could force a pop-up of some kind for moderators. And they can approve/deny the modification.

• @Asker

It's cute if you think I'm upset by something like this... Sadly im not and my pleasure.

• I would have said the exact same thing.

• One for you guys @girlsaskguys @tolga

• It would be helpful, even if it only allowed a small window for editing, or showing the edit history like Facebook does.

• I wish we were allowed to do that.

What Guys Said 7

• Within a limit time before first comment posted because it would be abused. Extreme example "The age of consent shouldn't be reduced to something like 10"
    Loads of agreement and upvotes, later poster goes back and edits question to "The age of consent should be lowered to 10" all agreement and upvotes still there, users misrepresented.

• I say no, because it will surely, undoubtedly, be abused. People won't just fix typos, but actually change the meaning of their opinions and comments. Perhaps there will some way to make editing easier though, because I wholeheartedly agree it super annoying to be unable to edit posts. Maybe a system where mods can modify other people's posts when granted permission. There are enough mods to make that system work fairly well.

• Ya. I like to stir the pot. sometimes i go back to what I say and realize I sound like a total asshole haha.

• Yes, but there should be a 10-minute time limit. Most forums have a similar kind of thing in place where they will allow it, but with a time-limit so people don't abuse the feature.

• like after someone blocks me I could thank them after I edit it.

• yes cuz it would make the mods job harder.

• I hate when I forget to add a poll