Would you become a mod if you were selected?

help me decide.. and for mods.. what changed after you became a mod?

Most Helpful Guy

• In all honesty nothing really changed for me. On the first day I thought that I would have to start being politically correct and not offend n shit, but you convinced me otherwise.

But yeah, being a mod is nothing far different from having a high-level exp on GAG - just another indicator that you're dedicated and cool. That's about it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 29

• I did become a mod after being asked a few times. I ultimately asked to have the power taken away because I didn't like having to find answers to report and all that. It made the site feel more like a job to me then something I can do carelessly. Everyone thinks differently though.

• Yeah... KDA did the same.. maybe I should try if I like it.. right?

• Moderator privilege 😢😏

• @cavmanier yeah right.. lol.. go away you.. ! 😂😂

• I did become a moderator when I was selected, and It's great to be able to hide the things that are just blatantly antagonistic, and the dick pic questions.

It's also somewhat frustrating because to find the opinions/opinion comments that violate the guidelines, you actually have to open all the questions and read through all of them on the page. If there was a feed for opinions, it would be much easier. But then again, I'm not sure if the normal users would have a need for such a feed.

• Help you decide? Nope. You already accepted and are one. Now let us see how you do at being "the sheriff"! I suspect you are too kind to be really good at it, but we shall see. I know you will be honest and try your best.

• Becoming a mod can give you a feeling of helping to shape the site. There are pros and cons to becoming a mod. It can be seen as an appreciation of your input to site - There is an anti mod feeling and you have to walk a very fine line to appear fair to both sides - I personally found it too hard and resigned but for every me, there are 20 users who love being mods.

• I love being annoying and I think you have to give that up and be lame, so being lame is not for me :/

• I just became a mod today after being offered yesterday.

Yeah, if you really like this site, go for it. You do have to be alert though because there is a certain quota you have to meet per month. And be extra careful that you yourself are following the rules.

So the downside is that it may feel a little more like a job, but if you like this site and want to contribute and moderate, then go for it.

• Nah, I don't want the responsibility. That being said I would feel flattered if I was offered the chance. I still wouldn't do it tho.

• Sure, I also hesitated but it's an interesting thing to try out!
    You know what is nice? When you see these really offensive posts, you can hide them for an admin to look into... whereas otherwise they would do harm to the person they were addressed to :D
    You'll see, after 2 days you're used to the idea of being a mod and it becomes second nature :D

• I'd be too strict in moderating.

• I doubt I'll be selected and even if I was I wouldn't be one for long. I'd give it a go but with taking hiatuses and stuff I would make for one absent mod

• I am not sure what all being a moderator entails, but I would most likely decline. A lot of my opinions are very controversial and thought provoking, and if I were a moderator, I would not feel as able to express myself freely

• Nope, i don't think so cause Moderators have limited powers what they can do and there is lot stuff goes on here with anonymous question users abusing the system on here , But hey Congratulations on becoming Moderator proud of you :D <3

• No, I think people should be able to post what they want, when they want without it getting removed.

• I just became a mod last night and still have a lot to learn about it lol. I'm still going to focus a lot on my questions as well, but will moderate as I see needed

• Personally i would turn down that offer, because it requires to find and remove questions/opinions, which i don't really have a time and would not want to spend my time doing that.

• I would have a heart attack if ever asked to be a mod. I know there is not a chance gag would allow it as I am to curious about women and menstrual issues.

• Go for it <3

• nothing changed for me. I've been a moderator for years.

• No 😂💁🏻 Instagram Facebook Twitter don't use mods and they have billions of users

• I rejected it long time ago, I have a life.

• I have a feeling I'd be using a LOT less sarcasm and swearing

• i got this feeling too.. but i cannot change.. lol

• i already have shit load of haters.. i don't give a fuck about.. so i will stay the true cool AF alien forever!!!

• Yah I'm an Earthly rabbit so u better not go about probing me with your alien tools and such

• Sure I'd do it.
    Seems like fun and I'd get paid for it.

• I hate all kinds of responsibility so I wouldn't wanna be mod

• I would love to become a mod so I could specialise in removing all the trolls

• I think you would be a good mod @cinderelli Go for it

• What is a mod?

• Moderators make recommendations on what content to remove from the site. They can temporarily hide content that violates our Terms of Service, and the admins then decide if the content should remain on the site or if it should be removed.
      some apply to become a mod.. and some are selected by the admins.. :)

• Understood.

• Unnecessary and waste of energy. But to each their own.

• Do I want to be a mod? No.

Would I still do the job if I was given the power? Yes.

• no no.. i just could not understand it. i mean are you trying to say that you personally would not apply for it.. but if they selected you themselves you would accept it?

• I won't go out of my way to become a moderator.

But if I was selected, I'd do the job.

• I would not. But I would surely accept it if I was a dog. After all, I wouldn't have to lick my own butt anymore.. There are willing people who will do that for me.

What Girls Said 16

• I was Asked to be a Mod a year ago, @ciderelli, when sparrow24 was here, dear. I graciously Bowed out because I got a bit nervous like a nellie that I was going to have to be hooked at the hip with this or really obligated or something else of this nature. It was a great honor but like where I am now and where I am sitting.
    I am working towards Master and enjoy just what I am doing with all of my GAG time I do put in with my Fellow GAGERS and to help others who need me.
    It's your choice, your call, and if you don't like it, for I have spoken to some who did for awhile, then bowed out, you can also do the same with your name.
    Congrats, you worked hard and deserve this.
    Good luck. xx

• not much changed for me. I'm really the same person. i just know that i now have the ability to remove some repulsive stuff on here and can contribute in a small way.

i gotta admit i felt quite humbled, but i will always stay true to who i am. i think that's the most important thing if u r chosen.

• Not much changed after I became a mod. I'm on the site just as much as I was before so at least now if there's a question I know is inappropriate or spam for whatever reason, I can do a bit more to get rid of it and help moderate the site in that way, keep it from turning into 'yahoo! answers'.
    :P

• I was asked (few months ago) If I would like to become a mod actually.
    And Nope, I wasn't interested I don't want to be a mod. :) Because if I became a moderator... It would kind of feel like a job -__- This site won't be fun anymore.
    I'm here just to chat with friends, get to know people. Have fun and sometimes give advice, lol.

• Lol, I would never be selected.

But if by some fluke they somehow picked me, I'd decline.

I wouldn't flag things most people would.

• Lol.. alright..

• @Watermelonoma

• ah, fair enough

• I totally would.

• No way, I have no desire at all to babysit ignorant people on this site.

If you want to try it go ahead though, what's the worst that could happen lol

• Meh ya, why not?

• To be honest I use to want to be a mod but now I don't. I'm too busy to do it because I don't login every day and I always delete my account after a couple of months anyways

• For myself I wouldn't
    I am only here for fun and not wanting to be burden with unnecessary responsibilities

• Nothing really changed for me. I'm the same person I have always been. :) it's just great being able to hide rude people's comments and such... Other sites such as YouTube and stuff do not have that.

• No I wouldn't.

• Nothing changed for me. Except the symbol next to my name.

• umm. what about hiding stuff?

• Ohhh lol. I'm sleepy so it went over my head. But I think you'll do good. And above all else, stay true to yourself. If you find that being compromised, then you can always quit.

• yup... that's what i thought before i made the decision.. and thanks.. :)

• It's not for me.

• I would definitely become a moderator.

• I would be for sure!